Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i checked my codes today and when i start the car up , the light blinks continously, then if i tap the gas slightly it gives me code 14. im gonna try it again, any thoughts???

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if i rev to 4000rpm it gives code 51, is it just doing this because im supposed to check at idle???

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car reads normal at idle, reset codes, drove around block and still reads normal at idle. 51 is tps so i assume it went off because i tapped the gas. But code 14 is confusing

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tps or tps censor, or a bunch of ac crap

·
anti-hardtopper#1
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Registered
372 Posts
Code 51 will come in sometimes if the car is running. try checking the codes with the car off. 14 is ignition signal. Check teh green connector that connects the coils to the silver box(I don't know it name). If it is loose it will cause that code. Also check the primary resistances of your coils as per the TSRM. Make sure you have a good digital multimeter.

·
Fossilized Member
695 Posts
I had a code 14 that ended up being the small wiring harness that goes from the coil pack to the main engine harness. It drove me nuts for months. Make sure you check ALL connections that are around your coil packs and ignitor. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts