Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I used the beautiful little paperclip test and my ecu is throwing a code 14 and the car will not rev past 2000-3000 rpms how should i go about fixing the error?any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Check this out...

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h39.pdf#search='igf%20signal'

Basically, you are throwing an IGF code, the ECU isn't seeing input on one or more inputs. They include: Cam, Crank sensors, throttle position & MAP. identify each one (there are two Cam sensors and make sure they are plugged in. Next, go point to point with the ignition off. Check that you have continuity from each cam sensor to the ECU and the same for each other sensor. Then check the sensor to ground to make sure you have no shorts (if the shielding is touching the signal wire, it will ground any signal.) Last, check the grounds themselves. You need to make sure the shielding is grounded at each side. You may have to open up your harness to find that one.

Report back what you find.

Marty

·
Registered
288 Posts
stroker said:
Did you follow rick's diagram?
Really nothing to follow on those. Straight extensions on the harness that run into the ECU on Connector U. More likely, either not extrended properly or the ground for the shield is floating.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
i would replace the entire wire with the sheilded cable, rather than cut and extend only a portion of the stock wire using USB.

the old wire is just that, old... and sometimes brittle and already have breakes in the sheilding, especially in the engine bay.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
anybody happen to know what sheilded cable goes to what sensor.you have the blue,black,grey,and the small tan one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts