Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a code 21 after my downpipe install.. I have spent a lot of time trying to clear the code but it keeps coming back. is this common? I searched and have found nothing about this problem as of yet. I am still searching but if someone knows what i should do I would appreciate it.
Thanks

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
21 Oxygen Sensor Signal

Diagnosis

* Detection of oxygen sensor deterioration.

Trouble Area

* Oxygen sensor circuit
* Oxygen sensor
* ECU

PLUG IN YOUR O2 SENSOR.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL. It's plugged in. I wouldnt have overlooked that. I've unplugged it and plugged it back in. Pulled fuses, disconnected the battery. The o2 was fine this morning before we changed the downpipe. now it has a code and thats all thats changed.

·
Registered
432 Posts
You might want to trace your wires and look for burn spots. I noticed on mine that it was a little dry rotted being so close to the turbo and probally touched the turbo at one point. Also did you try to clean the sensor with brake clean or anything? My buddy did and found out the hard way that it didn't work.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will go check that out. i looked at the wire connections. but i will trace the wires. Also I did not try to clean connections. Good to know I shouldnt.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he will take it well. dan's cool with me. besides i am the first person who asked for parts off of his n/a after the wreck.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
look for a broken wire right at the plug. it happened to me down inside the thing and it took me a few O2 sensors that i KNEW were good before i finally pulled the little rubber things out of the back of the plug and the wire came with one of them. the little metal clips inside the plug can be removed and resoldered.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
shailey said:
he will take it well. dan's cool with me. besides i am the first person who asked for parts off of his n/a after the wreck.
:lol: actually you arent...about 4 of us were calling dibs on different parts while the car was being put on the wrecker... :lol:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IdealSupra said:
:lol: actually you arent...about 4 of us were calling dibs on different parts while the car was being put on the wrecker... :lol:
nice. LOL. i thought i was the asshole.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
wow.... u guys = harsh..... poor guy just lost his na and already u are picking on him? ...but while were on topic.... door hinges? ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have no clue what could cause my problem still. I will try to change the o2 sensor and see if that may solve it. All my connections seem to be fine. No burn marks or spots that look broken. :(

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Its all good, Were all good friends. Yeah I lost it, and yeah I thought it was kinda funny how they look in the car and start calling dibs at the fucking scene of the accident. Non-the-less the Turbo is up and running so its all good.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
i know is a bit off topic but how much it is for a oxygen senser, since i might replace mine since it could effect the fuel mileage of the car (but is not throwin code 21)

·
Registered
358 Posts
look at every inch of the wiring from the o2 sensor to the yellow pull it plugs into and then a little bit past that yellow plug there may be a broken wire somewhere, I found a broken wire this weekend when I installed my metal accordian pipe just looked over and I was like wtf this brown wiring going to the o2 sensor is snapped in half, fixed it but it made no diff in any of my cars problems.

2d mdcmotorsports sells them for 38 bucks shipped, stock fit with the bolt pattern and everything but you gotta spile it into your stock harness, cheaper then toyota though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Turkish said:
look at every inch of the wiring from the o2 sensor to the yellow pull it plugs into and then a little bit past that yellow plug there may be a broken wire somewhere, I found a broken wire this weekend when I installed my metal accordian pipe just looked over and I was like wtf this brown wiring going to the o2 sensor is snapped in half, fixed it but it made no diff in any of my cars problems.
i will check it ALL tomorrow very thoroughly then. did you have a code 21 too?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts