Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten this diagnostic code thrown and knows what caused it? My car threw it a few weeks ago so I reset the ecu and it went away but it came back on yesterday when I started the car. I maybe drove the car twice since first resetting the ECU till it came on again. The only thing I've done different to the car lately is install the methanol kit but that makes the car run richer so I don't know what would throw the lean a/f mixture code.

Any ideas?

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see any symptoms, just the check engine light. The car seems to drive and idle the same. I need install my wideband kit so I can see what readings are showing but I just wanted some ideas as to why it would throw that light in the first place. Clogged injector / TPS out of whack/ ...? I can keep resetting the ECU but if it keeps coming back then there has to be something I have to get checked, just don't know what yet.

shiva said:
any other symptoms? misfire maybe?

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No MAF, I'm running VPC/SFC all set to zero and on the meth nozzle I put some RVT sealant all around the washer where it is installed.... it is in there very securely. :(

basupra said:
Do you still have the stock MAF?? If so, then you probably have a vacuum leak somewhere. When you installed the meth kit, is the nozzle secure and free of leaks??

Tim

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If that is the case then that thing is a POS. I have replaced it twice already and I have never run leaded fuel :(

bad94sup said:
Sounds to me that your oxygen sensor has gone bad. Have it checked and/or replaced!

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
I would suggest checking our primary oxygen sensor as well. My car used to throw this code, but it was more a result of bad VPC/GCC tuning and was legitimately running lean. Those were the days when I needed the dyno to diagnose A/F though! :)

Steve T.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts