Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well today I was boosting around town happy to have be rid of my misfire and able to boost again. I come to a stop and the car is wanting to die and the check engine light comes on then after I start moving again it goes away after 1000rpm and comes back when going below 1000rpm so I get home and check my codes and its 31 afm signal. I am just venting because I have changed this damn sensor like 3 times in the past 6 months! ARG :dunno:

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,985 Posts
Sorry to hear that. You're not the only one who's suffered multiple AFM failures...& why alternatives to them are sought after items. Paying $686 for a new one once, was enough for me. Sure VPCs are crude, but they work- & you can over oil your K&N all you want.
;)
Good luck!

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
Only time mine have died was when I did something stupid (like introduced a liquid into them). The ones in my MR2 and Lexus both have approaching 200k miles. I think the biggest mistake people make is using that waste-of-money FIPK by K&N and over-oiling it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well this morning I reset my codes and unplugged and plugged the afm back in and she is running fine now :dunno: no codes no check engine light but maybe once the ecu relearns the codes will come back? :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts