Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hardtopper
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a code 31 on my Supra which is a MAF code.

When I first start the car I have to keep the key on "ON" for about 5 seconds before I can start it otherwise it idles low and dies.... if I wait 5 seconds or more the car starts but runs super rich until it warms up, so the throttle response really sucks. Has anyone encountered this problem out of no where? It's getting me crappy gas mileage as well which is why I am asking for help. I've been driving like this for a bit of time... because once its warm the car is driveable. Any response will be greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Kirk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Kirk I thought you had the AEM on the car and it solved your MAF issues? Are you talking about stock ECU codes?

/vijay

·
Hardtopper
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Kirk I thought you had the AEM on the car and it solved your MAF issues? Are you talking about stock ECU codes?

/vijay
I will be making a few long trips with the car so I am back on the stock ECU, would like to fix my gas mileage problems before I hit the road :)

This is another reason why all my single parts are just sitting around collecting dust.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Gotcha. I have seen a maf code before on a stock ecu car and it ran. It turned out to just be a faulty air temp signal.

You could probably solve your problem quicker by just installing the aem, as it would get better gas mileage anyway and doesnt even -require- the ait.

I hate stock ecus :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
btw i can send you my stock twins map which got around 30mpg on highway trips.

·
Hardtopper
13,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help Vijay, IMing you now incase you are near the computer :)

Kirk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts