Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
It can be your odometer, your speed sensor, or it can be your engine wiring harness. The odometer is the most prevalent source for code 42--at least that's the way it seems from the threads that I've been reading. Since you put in a new sensor I would guess that it's the odometer. You may want to try the splice trick. For me the splice trick didn't work and I ordered a new wiring harness (later confirmed that it was the harness).

Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that did it. THere were 3 big resistors that looked like had cracks in the solder. They were also really hot so that probably caused the joints to break. Anyway, re-soldered and so far soo good.

I need to drive it around a little bit more to make sure, but so far so good.

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GRRR, that didn't do it. Not sure what to do now. I know the signal is at least getting to the odemter though.

There was some mention about the second speed sensor and that the first sensor had to be in sync with the second. Maybe the second could be the problem? I will change that out tomorrow. Other than that I am out of ideas.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Unfortunately, if the soldering didn't work, your options are to replace the odometer or try one of the splicing methods floating around out there. Not a big fan of those though. The odometer is pretty pricey from Curt. ($300.00 ish)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts