Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone.

I'm having some trouble with my 2JZ-GTE 94. I just re-installed the cylinder head due to head lifting from the miniature ARP head stud washers galling into the head. Now that it's all back together I am getting a code 47 and the car won't rev past 3k. Doesn't matter load, no load, neutral, etc. I did a fair bit of wire tucking when I had it apart so it's almost certainly something I have done incorrectly but if I can get some good pointers from those who may have experienced this before I would appreciate it.

First, about the engine and mods

94 2JZ-GTE single 6766 precision turbo
FIC 850cc injectors
HKS VPC and Field boxer3 sfc
Greddy BCC
all stock innards

Car was running great besides the head lifting before this and no codes that I was aware of.

Question 1. Would a code 47 cause the breaking up?
Question 2. Would the 1200 ohm resistor have anything to do with this?

That's all I have for intelligent questions on the matter. I didn't work on it much after I discovered the issue. It's in the 20s here in the western Chicago suburbs and I got cold. If you guys have any ideas let me know.

Thank you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Code 47 is for a open condition or short in the sub throttle position sensor. It will not display if the sub tps isnt plugged in. Check the wiring for the sub tps and see if you pinched it anywhere. I assume if the computer isn't getting a signal from the sub tps it goes into limpofe.

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Thats my first order of business this morning. I'll let you know the results of the tps check

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I checked my sub tps and the reading was all jacked but I think something is actually messed up in the harness. I pulled the efi fuse and left the sub tps disconnected and when I pulled dtc again I still got the 47. That should point to harness issue, correct? I'm going to pull and open the harness I guess.

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again. Good news. I went to town on it and discovered 2 things. 1. When I tucked the maf plug I cut out the 1200 ohm resistor without knowing it was there. That was the root of my issue. 2. One of the grounds wasn't tight which threw me off the scent for a while.

In short, you can't trust your codes when running a vpc. Tpc code was really a maf (sort of) code. I can't wait for my proefi. Totally my fault mind you.

Car is back together and running great. Can't take it for a test run until at least tuesday though. Weather here sucks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts