Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rewired my knock sensors straight to the ECU because I couldnt get rid of the freakin code 52 but still didnt go away....tinkering a bit & realize that for the knock sensor closer to the front of engine actually can screw into 2 places in the block. (I've bypassed a few other things as well so not sure if the other hole was for something else at one time). One place is on the same level as the rear knock sensor and the other hole is slightly higher up & closer to the front of the engine.

I'm pretty sure I know which one is right but I just want to double check and make sure that I am placing the front knock sensor in the right location so any info would be appreciated...thanks.

Robert B
89T

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
robbro89t said:
I'm pretty sure I know which one is right but I just want to double check and make sure that I am placing the front knock sensor in the right location so any info would be appreciated...thanks.

Robert B
89T

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Odd...in the pic you sent there is a circular "crater" just to the left & below of the knock sensor....on my engine and in tsrm that "crater" is on the right side of the KS.

Regardless, I changed moved the KS to that hole and presto! No more code. Still have to bypass wire harness tho, oh well. Thanks for the info.

Robert B
89T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts