Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so ever since I did my turbo install I've been throwing a code 71. I was told I could put a 10k ohm 1/2 watt resistor in the harness to fix this. I went to Radio Shack and got 10k ohm 1/2 watt resistors (5% tolerance). The harness I put it in was a grey one. It was more on the back side of the engine and a little underneath. I had to unclip it from a metal rod, and then I could disconnect it. I did but here is my question. Which side am I supposed to put the resistor in? I put it in the side that was easy. Which I guess connects to the EGR. I plugged the two ends into the holes and electrical taped it up. That didn't seem to make sense to me since I didn't see how it would report it to the ECU to not throw another CEL. However, I was driving home from work today and threw another CEL. I haven't checked it yet, but I am assuming it is a code 71. So here is my question...which side of the harness do I put the resistor on? I put it on the easy side. I just didn't know how I was supposed to attach the resistor to the two prongs on the other side, but it seems maybe I am supposed to attach it to the two prongs, since that is what I assumed reported to the ECU.

What is wrong here?

Thanks

·
Over Medicated
2,720 Posts
You put it on the harness side. Connecting it to the sensor that you just unplugged isn't going to do anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts