Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
my engine light just come on, its code 71 (EGR) and the trac light off light comes on. How o i fix this or have anyone had experience with this
thanks
sam

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hey guys,
my engine light just come on, its code 71 (EGR) and the trac light off light comes on. How o i fix this or have anyone had experience with this
thanks
sam
Most likely, you popped a hose off of the EGR actuator or modulator. Because of this, the engine ECU sends a trouble flag to the TRAC ECU and that is why you see the second warning. Replace the hose and reset both ECUs (TRAC ECU is done by pumping the shit of the brake pedal in a short amount of time).

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely, you popped a hose off of the EGR actuator or modulator. Because of this, the engine ECU sends a trouble flag to the TRAC ECU and that is why you see the second warning. Replace the hose and reset both ECUs (TRAC ECU is done by pumping the shit of the brake pedal in a short amount of time).
oh ok thanks, can i just do the egr block off plate mod and put a resistor?
thanks
sam

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I guess if the EGR is plugged-up or there is another prob with the hardware you could ditch the set-up but I won't advocate doing that. Just take a look and see if a hose is off (doesn't cost a cent to do that).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts