Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Driving in the rain home last night, car started bogging a tiny bit, kind of weird. Then it got worse and if I stepped lightly on the throttle, it would bog down, but if I kept it in neutral and stepped on it 100%, it would go up to redline. A few minutes later, I was 1 block away from my house, and the car just died. I can't get it to run anymore.

Note, I DID NOT go over any puddles. I was driving at 35 mph the entire way. Plus, I was driving in the rain last week and the car ran beautifully.

I checked for codes on the computer, and I got codes 12 and 47.

Code 12 is:

G, NE Signal (No. 1) No "NE" or "G1" and "G2 signal to ECM for 2 sec. or more after cranking.

* Open or short in crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor No. 1, No. 2 circuit.
* Crankshaft position sensor
* Camshaft position sensor No. 1, No. 2
* Started
* ECM

And for code 47:
Sub-Throttle Position Sensor Signal

Hmmm, I've rechecked all of my connectors, fuses, relays. Everything is TIGHT and DRY.

For mods I have, single turbo, 3 row, VPC/GCC, g-force ecu.

ALso, I noticed my timing belt isn't on its normal "groove" on the cam gears. Since I have the HKS cam gears, the timing belt made a groove on the gears, but now the belt is pushed back more, out of the groove. It looks weird, could it bring any problems perhaps?

I looked down at the timing belt tensioner and it doesnt seem like it broke again.

And I checked my valve timing, and it was good so that means I didn't jump a tooth on my cam gears.

Perhaps that sensor on the crank, I believe it is a magnetic one, could've malfunctioned due to water? I mean, it is right there at the bottom of the motor, but you never know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been trouble shooting this today, and still no luck. The wires to the cam and crank angle sensors seem to be in good condition, but the belt still looks a bit out of place. I'll just remove the harmonic balancer and see whats under there.

Also, my starter wont even turn anymore. Battery is good, relay is good, connections are good. There were no signs of it going bad, too odd.

Oh well, lets see.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, found the problem!

The belt moved towards the engine because the ring BEHIND the timing gear moved out of place. So, the ignition is off, and it actually hit the sensor too, so the crank angle sensor might be damaged.

Oh well, atleast I know the problem. When I tried to start the car it would backfire HARDDD. The loudest bang I've ever heard froma car, POWWWWWW.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback, NOT :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts