Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I helped a buddy out with his Supra and we checked his engine codes which made me think, do I have any engine codes? My check engine light never went on, however I have engine codes 41 and 51. 41 is TPS and 51 is Switch Signal, which can also be set off by TPS. In addition, my idle rate is pretty high (~1500RPM fully advanced and ~1150RPM fully retarded), if this has anything to do with the problem, even if there is one. Does anybody have any advice? BTW, I put a new (well, used) 7mge in last September (same ECU and wiring, though) and from there, I haven't had any problems with her. Maybe they're old codes?....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Take out the TPS and test it. TPS errors are common in most cars. Your car spends the most time at the idle position, plus it travels across the same area twice, on accelaration and decelaration. It eventually gets worn.

·
Where's my turbo?
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marty1MC said:
Take out the TPS and test it. TPS errors are common in most cars. Your car spends the most time at the idle position, plus it travels across the same area twice, on accelaration and decelaration. It eventually gets worn.
when you say test it, what do you mean? electrically, mechanically??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts