Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a quick question.

Pulled off the cam covers to install new gaskets. Naturally, all the ignition crap comes off first. Put it back together and now it won't start. I broke [what looks like] a ground wire that runs from the coil pack bracket to the head. I thought this was the reason, but I've now made a new wire and it still won't start.

What can I look for? What can I test? Is there anything that is a common mistake I can check for?

Thanks

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
also depends where did you ground it and how? that thing is a PITA I ended up breaking mine and making another ground from between the pack holder and the cam covers to the chassis.

also as said check the firing order make sure its right, is it not catching at all?

<l><l>

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The firing order is right. I ran the ground down to the original spot. When I got nothing, I put another wire on it and ran it all the way back to the battery. I pulled a spark plug and it's getting NO spark at all.

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
Did you plug in the grey plug? lol Check the resistance of the coils. If they're good then go to the ignitor. Check the fuse while you're at it. There's also the ground from the back nut of the throttle linkage to the firewall.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you plug in the grey plug?
Ha, yes.

lol Check the resistance of the coils. If they're good then go to the ignitor.
What should the resistance be for good vs bad?

Check the fuse while you're at it.
I checked the fuses in the kick panel and under the hood by the battery. Not all of them, but if they weren't labeled obviously for something else, I checked.

There's also the ground from the back nut of the throttle linkage to the firewall.
This sounds promising. There was a bit of time between taking it apart and putting it back together. I'm pretty sure I don't remember a ground wire on the throttle linkage, so it likely didn't get put back. Do you know what this one if for specifically?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This sounds promising. There was a bit of time between taking it apart and putting it back together. I'm pretty sure I don't remember a ground wire on the throttle linkage, so it likely didn't get put back. Do you know what this one if for specifically?
Wasn't this. Was the first thing I checked when I put the hood up. Oh well, I'll keep lookin....

·
I gots deep pockets cuz
952 Posts
Just do a IS300 coil on plug conversion and get rid of the OEM coil pack. When you do this you don't have to worry about the ground that came off the coil pack. I just extended the harness and all is good to go. but if you need a spare coil pack let me know

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel kinda stupid. I'd checked all the fuses and they were fine. Well, evidently when I was hooking up that ground wire I must have arced it somewhere. There were like 4 fuses blown. Took me a while to go back to the fuse box since I'd already checked it before.

Just do a IS300 coil on plug conversion and get rid of the OEM coil pack.
Tell me more? Does the IS300 coil pack get relocated as well?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts