Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Curt, i tried searching and ended up confused and uninformed.

I replaced my sparkplugs last week, and cyl#1 coilpack connector disintegrated and exploded when i took it off.

on top of that i got really mad because 4 other connectors were not only broken, but someone epoxied the female ends into the male ends.

I dont think i can salvage the coilpacks and replace only the connectors.... epoxy everywhere :furious:

Also, one of my spark plug's was what I would call 'not torqued down enough' which explained my issue about revving up from idle. there was some exhaust blow-by which split one of my plug boots.

can you quote me on 6 coilpacks (or is there 3? whatever i want to replace all 6 cyl), 12? coilpack connectors, 6 sparkplug boots, and any other required parts i should replace at the same time?

for 93 mkiv tt. its rhd aswell but these parts should be identical.

thx. i'll be putting the order through asap.

thx to that #1-cyl coilpack connector being jimmy rigged on atm, my car is sporadically misfiring at random times at high rpm. so i need to get this back up to my high standards.

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o_O

is that it? no special o-rings or anything crazy like that?

thx, NUNEZTT i appreciate it.

if i can just get Curt to confirm... $77 each now eh, damn inflation :)

housing connector is that the "boot" things coming off the bottom of the coilpacks?

· Dr. Jeff Lange
8,964 Posts
The blue boot comes with the coil.

The connector housing is the black connector that connects to the coil.

The terminal is the wire that goes into the connector housing (2 per connector).

I'd also recommend getting the 2 PCV hoses between the valve covers, unless you've already recently replaced yours, they're probably pretty brittle.

I'll let Curt chime in, since this is his section, I'm sure he'll offer you some advice.

Jeff

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Impressive. thx guys

i have replaced 1 pcv hose because it ripped, the other one looks fairly new

I might aswell get a couple brand new hoses, mine dont match and one is questionable age.

hey Curt whats your email, i dont wanna email certain cc info to some random dude in Nigeria. thx

[edit] for below post: thx

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
email order sent

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
curt i need the terminals for the connectors.... badly

as i mentioned before my connectors are epoxied into my coilpacks
thus the coilpack+housing+terminal = 1 solid unit (except i have no housings, just coilpack+terminal+epoxy)

i cant do anything with the coilpacks and connector housings you sent because i need the female connector wires that clip into the connector housing

heres a picture, so theres zero confusion:

i need 12 new terminals

i thought i was getting those before but you didnt hook me up, or charge me for them, so its all good. although i am moderately frustrated :)

if you still got my cc/mailing info plz send me all 12 omfg thx

also please select the fastest possible shipping option.

thx Curt.

[edit] i didnt do that horrible epoxying either btw lol.
its quite sad really... all it needed was some new housings!
but if you want it done right.... you call curt imo

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thx, is that 1-3 day delivery as indicated by their website?
i hope it doesnt take til monday :crying:

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stretch your business week with Saturday Delivery

Description For time-critical shipments, UPS offers the convenience of Saturday Delivery.

Delivery Commitment Saturday Delivery commitment times depend on the shipping service you choose:

UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®: Guaranteed delivery one hour later than the guaranteed weekday delivery time, as early as 9:00 a.m., based on destination
UPS Next Day Air®: Guaranteed delivery by 12:00 noon or 1:30 p.m. where weekday shipments are delivered by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon, respectively, based on destination

WTB

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i got my coilpack connector terminals yesterday, slightly non express style :)

soldering and installing went smooth like my BL Lime's

however, i got stopped by the screws that hold the coilpacks to the bracket, the screws were old as hell and instantly stripped beyond repair when i tried to remove the old coilpack(s) from the bracket

so my good man, i need coilpack holder bracket x3, screw for them x12, bolt that screws said bracket in x6, and i'd also like wire harness clip x6 as all of mine except 1 are broken.

heres a pic incase im confusing.

1 = the wire harness clips
2 = the bolts that hold the bracket in.
3 = the screws that stripped to hell and back when i tried to remove them (theres 2 per coilpack, 4 per bracket)

over the years, you've prolly dealt with alot of coilpack replacements so im sure you know exactly what i need.

also if anyone finds this thread while searching, i HIGHLY recommend you replace the brackets/screws that hold the coilpacks in.
i was on the home stretch and feeling stoked, when i smashed headlong into a wall trying to remove the old coilpacks from their "holder".
that 15 year old superheated metal dust (aka screw) is not your friend

thanks curt, please send this stuff at max express speed aswell :)
hopefully i can bolt all 10 allen screws into my spark plug cover by next week :(

my info should be there somewhere... Adam Mackintosh

-adam

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok np on the harness snaps, i could prolly get some generic ones with some searching.

thx

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sup curt; got my coil brackets & installed

high rpm = win, now :)

i thought it was pretty smooth before

now its just crazy smooth idle and amazingly crisp high rpm

engine runs like top podium now

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.