Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can not figure why the coil pack wont fire. I pulled the plugs to see if they would spark and none of them did, But i did find some intresting wirering.. the dom lights blow the fuse every time i put in a 7.5 amp fuse and it has the moom roof hooked up to the + side of where the fuse is suposed to be for the dome lights. At least he put a fuse on the line to the moonroof.

Right now i dont have the rubber tubing the goes from the mass air flow senser to the turbo and the lower coolent line is cut.. thats it, everything els looks in prim condish :bigthumb:

I cheacked the inpedence of the coil packs and in the plug to all of them it was 1.2 - .8 if that is of any use, because i was to lazy to unplug the three plugs from the coils :ugh2:

88 Turbo Supra, Bone Stock

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
It might just be a bad coil pack. Maybe you could swap from a running supra if you have someone around. Now im not to sure if this will make a difference or not but is there a ground going to the coil pack to the head? I would check that also.

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one that goes next to the Oil.. yes, other then that i dont see anything els that is grounded off of the pack. I think i will just check the impedance on each pack Thx

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the impedance is .9 for each of the coils.. yeah im talking to myself!! and what :wtflol: is that good?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Check the ground. If that is good, then check the CPS wiring. Frayed, broken, or loose wiring causes the coil packs to not fire. I hardwired my CPS wires and don't have this problem anymore. :bigthumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts