Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best way to get both sides of the car even in height with coilovers? I tried setting the coilover to the same height by counting the threads but one side came out higher than the other. I also tried eyeing it and measuring it but I still can't get it even. And it seems like the height of each corner changes depending where I park even if the parking space appears to be flat. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Btw I have tein ss coilovers

·
Registered
90 Posts
Whats the best way to get both sides of the car even in height with coilovers? I tried setting the coilover to the same height by counting the threads but one side came out higher than the other. I also tried eyeing it and measuring it but I still can't get it even. And it seems like the height of each corner changes depending where I park even if the parking space appears to be flat. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Btw I have tein ss coilovers
First, note that one of the advantages of having coilovers is you can corner weight or corner balance your car. A properly corner balanced Supra will not be even side to side. Typically, the passenger side rear will be higher than the drivers side rear. That said, if you want to have your car even side-to-side, use a measurement that is independent of where you park - for example, measure from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender lip. Take a measurement and then raise/lower one side of your car by turning the coilover perch a full turn and then measure how much each turn of the coilover perch changes ride height. Once you have this information, you can zero in on an exact ride height. Remember to drive the car briefly (to settle the suspension) after you make a change to ride height. One suggestion: If you know of a good Tein distributor or dealer, they may already know how much each turn of the spring perch will lower/raise the car.

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
Just make sure your parked on a completely level surface (bring a level), and use a tape measure from the fender to the ground. Its always worked for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts