Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Such a thing does not exist for our car. You have a few options.

1. Custom intake piping to route the filter through the snorkel hole and underneath the headlight.

2. Use the stock afm/accordian hose setup with a cone filter and run some dryer duct down near the foglight up to the snorkel hole to bring some colder air in front of the intake.

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well see I was talking to someone who wants to measure my car out for making one, and I was just seeing if there was anything to compare.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
easy to make but why? IMO it just jumbles up the engine bay, acr or arc made one iirc very hard to come by! mkiiitech.com drjonezz's site has it on there somewhere i believe!

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
you could use a hks adapter and run a piece of pipe down thru the snorkel hole and mount the filter behind the bumper. they get quite dirty quick running there tho. but like was said all ive ever seen was the arc box and very rare.

dave

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Put the filter THROUGH the snorkel hole mounted onto the AFM. Then for even better cooling (This is like uber leet ultra cooling) wrap all the pipes (This wouldn't really work for rubber, it would be kinda awkward) with thermacore or some kind of heat resistant wrap, then put a sort of heat shield blocking as much heat from the engine to the pipe as possible. Using a dryer duct from the front/fog light delivering cold air works very well also, but as stated the filter will get dirty pretty quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts