Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I did a search on this, but I couldn't find any answers. Here it goes. Do any companies make a Cold air intake for the Supra. I would want to get one, but I wouldn't want to mess with getting something custom made. Does anyone have one or can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks. Also, does AEM make a short ram for the supra? Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
there are no aftermarket system for the NA, that I know of... i've only seen custom intakes and/or universal applications. ThomsonCharm has a nice set up on his NA. do a search for "intake" in the NA section, you're sure to find different ideas.

good luck, keep us informed

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
as far as i know aem doesn't make any intake for the n/a supra... also, there are no cold air intakes because the area is so small... like money042 said, do a search in the n/a section and you should get some more info on intakes. hope that helps... lateZ

H

·
0 Posts
I don't know about small area. But, I think they don't make one because there aren't enough demand for them to come up with one. Anyway, check "intake" section, that's how I ended up with HKS.

Danny

R

·
0 Posts
Danny,

Do you have a picture of your whole strut bar installed? I just wanted to know what it looked like.

Thanks

Jeff

·
road hazard
452 Posts
hsk73 said:
I don't know about small area. But, I think they don't make one because there aren't enough demand for them to come up with one. Anyway, check "intake" section, that's how I ended up with HKS.

Danny
nice intake...is that the one from dusty? do you feel any performance from it? engine noise louder?

thanks

H

·
0 Posts
I didn't get it from Dusty but it's the same kit. I got it at SP Engineering.
I don't feel much difference at the low end but you can definatly hear a loud deep hump at the top. I guess it does makes louder noise. :)
I got it together with Greddy MX. So, I can't just tell what Intakes doing to my car. But, I can definately feel the power increase together.
Best investment I made so far, I've never been happier. :D :D :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
HKS intake

Guy,

I bought the HKS intake for my NA for only 130 and installed it myself. It's real easy to take the OEM air box.

I have heard that the K&N filter is better than the HKS. Any opinions here ?

·
Hardtopper
235 Posts
That’s what I was afraid of... So what are we supposed to do about that OEM black tubing, with those two "mufflers?"

Nobody makes a full polished tube?

·
road hazard
452 Posts
you can get an intake elbow from a civic or accord (don't remember which one) and replace the stock rubber housing. thats what i plan on doing. thomson charm did this. here's a pic of his...

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
toysport in gardena, ca sells the hks intake for 130... i got the blitz because i like the way it looks. stainless steel filter.. hehe.. ..it installs easy. all i needed to buy was four bolts to attach it to the maf. lateZ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts