Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I did a search on this, but I couldn't find any answers. Here it goes. Do any companies make a Cold air intake for the Supra. I would want to get one, but I wouldn't want to mess with getting something custom made. Does anyone have one or can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks. Also, does AEM make a short ram for the supra? Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
there are no aftermarket system for the NA, that I know of... i've only seen custom intakes and/or universal applications. ThomsonCharm has a nice set up on his NA. do a search for "intake" in the NA section, you're sure to find different ideas.

good luck, keep us informed

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
as far as i know aem doesn't make any intake for the n/a supra... also, there are no cold air intakes because the area is so small... like money042 said, do a search in the n/a section and you should get some more info on intakes. hope that helps... lateZ

H

·
0 Posts
I don't know about small area. But, I think they don't make one because there aren't enough demand for them to come up with one. Anyway, check "intake" section, that's how I ended up with HKS.

Danny

R

·
0 Posts
Danny,

Do you have a picture of your whole strut bar installed? I just wanted to know what it looked like.

Thanks

Jeff

·
road hazard
452 Posts
hsk73 said:
I don't know about small area. But, I think they don't make one because there aren't enough demand for them to come up with one. Anyway, check "intake" section, that's how I ended up with HKS.

Danny
nice intake...is that the one from dusty? do you feel any performance from it? engine noise louder?

thanks

H

·
0 Posts
I didn't get it from Dusty but it's the same kit. I got it at SP Engineering.
I don't feel much difference at the low end but you can definatly hear a loud deep hump at the top. I guess it does makes louder noise. :)
I got it together with Greddy MX. So, I can't just tell what Intakes doing to my car. But, I can definately feel the power increase together.
Best investment I made so far, I've never been happier. :D :D :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
HKS intake

Guy,

I bought the HKS intake for my NA for only 130 and installed it myself. It's real easy to take the OEM air box.

I have heard that the K&N filter is better than the HKS. Any opinions here ?

·
Hardtopper
235 Posts
Does that HKS intake replace the piping all the way from the throttle body, or does it just bolt onto the MAF to replace the stock airbox?

·
road hazard
452 Posts
95 Dawg said:
Does that HKS intake replace the piping all the way from the throttle body, or does it just bolt onto the MAF to replace the stock airbox?
this is the HKS intake...

it replaces the stock air box that comes after the MAF.

·
Hardtopper
235 Posts
That’s what I was afraid of... So what are we supposed to do about that OEM black tubing, with those two "mufflers?"

Nobody makes a full polished tube?

·
road hazard
452 Posts
you can get an intake elbow from a civic or accord (don't remember which one) and replace the stock rubber housing. thats what i plan on doing. thomson charm did this. here's a pic of his...

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
toysport in gardena, ca sells the hks intake for 130... i got the blitz because i like the way it looks. stainless steel filter.. hehe.. ..it installs easy. all i needed to buy was four bolts to attach it to the maf. lateZ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts