Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87' N/A and I once in a while hear about people adapting civic cold air intake pipes to supras. I think it would look nice to have a polished large hard pipe going from the 3000 pipe to under the headlight. Has anyone done it? Is it possible to even do it by attaching the AFM to the hard pipe?

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
if you have an N/A, you dont have a 3000 pipe. i think you mean the throttle body? as to adapting the civic pipe, it just replaces the stock robber pipe/resonator, but the afm and filter are still in the same place. you could run an intake pipe down under the headlight, but you wouldnt really be able to drive in heavy rain, would have to clean/replace the element more often. you wont notice the difference in power before/after...sell it and buy a turbo. :cool:

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
:bsflag:
I have a turbo, and the filter located under the right headlamp and behind the fog lamp.
No problems with rain.
You can't drive through lakes, but you can't do that with a normal Supra either.
Easy mod to do. Your snorkle hole is empty, so you can just run a 3" pipe with a 45 bend right at the end so the filter sits vertically, and the pipe goes up the other 45 degrees to your intake.
There are photos of my setup on 7mpower.
I did have to trim the headlight bezel slightly to fit the filter there. You may not have to, I have two pipes running through that area. I also had to open up the snorkle hole somewhat, but that was not hard to do. (Tinsnips and a hammer/dolly and patience and it looks fine.)
With one pipe, you don't even need to do that. Also you can move the intake pipe over to clear the headlamp most likely.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts