Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was running on fumes, (I left the tank near empty to make it easier to drain and do my new walbor)

I needed to drive the car cause the Slowrolla wouldn't start.

Pull into the gas station, and the linkage to the door must have been so cold, that the door wouldn't pop.

I've had this problem before, the door never popped hard open but enough to open by hand.

Spent about 10 minutes going back and forth trying to jiggle the release and try hitting the door loose.

NOTHING.

I was freezing my nuts off, so I dug my fingers into the jam and pulled the door clean off the latch. :D

It was either run out of gas and walk the 3 miles home, or do what I did.

So you think I should get a black door for my white car, or just fix the one I have :).... I kinda like the look, but I guess I should just fix this.

Anyone ever have this happen?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
You didn't try the emergency release in the hatch? Or wedge a cell phone under the lever and try to pop it open?

Well whatever works :p

Go get any door and paint it to match. White car with black panel = ghetto.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heheh..... I wasn't going to say what I used to try and do that too...

I had all my tools in the car, and just didn't feel like snooping around for a emergency release..

Where is it?

:lol:

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Open trunk, go open that panel to your driver's right, reach in there, feel for something that sticks out, push on it and it should pop your gas door open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts