Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good picture of where the CSI is attached to. I need ASAP seeing as how I am putting together motor tonight.

Thanks,
Julian

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
I don't have a pic, but it's really simple. It goes on the intake plenum right under the throttle body. The harness plug should face towads the exhaust manifold. The hose bolts onto the middle fuel rail hole (the one right over the #5 intake runner)

HTH

Christian

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I figured it out after looking at it for awhile. How about the coolant lines from IAC (black box near oil drain line on intake) to underneath manifold and then underneath throttle body I need some pics of this. I don't think I have any coolant running into there but for personal satisfaction I want all hoses plugged up somehow.

Thanks,
Julian

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
That one plugs into a nipple on the runners under the #2 intake runner. Circuit goes from nipple on water pipe that goes around block, to TB, to IAC, then to that nipple. I'd plug the nipple under #2 runner and nipple on the block water pipe. Bypass both TB and IAC.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
The coolant goes from #2 to the TB, then to the AIC, and then from the AIC to #1. That hole actually goes into the head and is a coolant port. There is actually a nipple screwed into #1, but I don't have it in yet. Connect #1 to #2 and bypass the AIC and TB. Or you can plug both, but I don't know if that circuit needs to be complete for proper cooling. Anyone else chime in here?

Christian

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now everything is back together and I am having timing issues. When motor is at TDC what should crank # be at. And I know to align the cam gears with marks and the CPS at the groove and hole. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Julian

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
87tabshire said:
Now everything is back together and I am having timing issues. When motor is at TDC what should crank # be at. And I know to align the cam gears with marks and the CPS at the groove and hole. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Julian
1)Set crank to 0 deg
2)set cams so top notches align with top cover (sub timing cover)
3)set idler pulley all the way to least tension (to the left when looking at it)
4)attach timing belt by going on the left pulley when looking @ and then right
5)loosen idler pulley bolt
6)turn engine 6x at crank. Make sure the spark plugs are out, and that at 0 deg, the cam pulleys are facing top notch
7)verify that timing belt has uniform tension

installing CPS
1)clean clean clean!
2)install new o-ring-very important!
3)get crank pulley to 0 deg
4)align dots on cps, there is a notch and a depression
5)insert cps
6)temporarily tighten bolt
7)adjust cps position for optimal position

Good luck, hth

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it really neccessary to run water lines to the turbocharger. I have a leak on mine and disconnected them. Any harm done in doing so. I don't think but just checking.

Julian

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
87tabshire said:
Is it really neccessary to run water lines to the turbocharger. I have a leak on mine and disconnected them. Any harm done in doing so. I don't think but just checking.

Julian

:eek: :eek: :eek: :nono:

Toyota didn’t just arbitrarily add the complexity of water cooling to the turbo.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
87tabshire said:

Julian
No, it's not necessary. Your CT-26 is fine without the water cooling.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
BTW Racefiend ... nice looking engine
Thanks!

As far as the water cooling goes, it is not necessary, but very desirable. Originally, most turbos werent water cooled. Of course, they only lasted ~20k miles before taking a dump. You can run without it, but don't expect much life out of it.

Christian

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am not getting any heat from the heater inside car, I was thinking of running a water line directly from the back of head to the heater core, Wouldn't this allow for heat all the time???

Thanks,
Julian

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
:wtf: ?
I am not getting any heat from the heater inside car, I was thinking of running a water line directly from the back of head to the heater core, Wouldn't this allow for heat all the time???
How would that work at all? and the turbo thing?:nono: :dumbass:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
87tabshire said:

Thanks,
Julian
If you have a clogged core, it wont do anything. Try playing with your VSV. Hook a vacuum line up to it, should give you heat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts