Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive yet another thread about the CSI switch, but I actually haven't seen this question asked: How does the switch work? Obviously, it's a thermosistor that redirects current around the injector above 72 F, but where does the current go and in what amplitude?

The reason I ask is that I hope to bypass the thermosistor switch with a manual switch/resistor assembly in the cabin for better control of the starting system and to prepare for the event that the switch fails. It appears that a small current is sent to the ECU when the injector is either on or off (as a signal) while the remaining voltage is grounded to the water housing. The EWD isn't very good at explaining how exactly the switch operates, at least not to someone with as little electrical knowledge as me.

Any help and input is appreciated, as I'm sure this is something beyond the scope of most Supra owners, like myself.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the awesome information resource, Bmettie! Would you mind sharing where that came from? I would love to have an information bank like this for everything else on the car.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I ran with mine disconnected on phase one of my NA-t build. (440 injectors with stock ecu / AFM spring tightened down to allow the larger injectors to work)

Had absolutely ZERO issues starting the car without the cold start injector hooked up. always started. don't waste your time with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts