Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Don't feel like hearing my story scroll to bottom for abridged version :bootyshak

How's everyone doing? I'm looking for some help and I thought who better to go to than the OT supraforums crew.

I'm currently a junior in line to graduate on time. I've been working since I was 14 doing jobs that range all across the spectrum-Selling supplements, to construction, running my small landscape business to working in a nursery (selling shrubs and trees). Childhood dream-being an architect, I just always wanted to be involved in the development of houses. Reminding everyone that was a childhood dream, I'm not sure what I want to do now.

I have a major in International business with a focus in marketing and a minor in Italian. Maturing I now have different interests and goals and I'm looking for some direction. I would like to get involved in the music industry but, I don't know where to start. The industry is what has my attention just not sure what in the industry I would want to do. Any guidance or experiences would be appreciated.

Oh and for all those who are going to tell me I don't want to be in the music industry don't bother posting.

Abridged version:
-International business major, minor in italian
-Unsure of what I want to do
-Interested in the music industry-don't know where to start
-Any guidance or experiences appreciated

Thanks!

8,181 Posts
For music industry, you need to follow the footsteps of Master P. I believe it all starts with a radio, fake gold chain, a bowl on the floor and a commuter train station.

·
In for teh nudez.
286 Posts
^ wayyyyy too many lawyers out there. You want the safest bet ?? Doctor/Surgeon/Orthodontist
Depends on what area of law you're getting into. Are there a lot of criminal defense/personal injury attorneys out there? yes.

Even if you go criminal you're still going to have a job, crime rates can only go up as our economy keeps going down the shitter.

·
Registered
237 Posts
^ wayyyyy too many lawyers out there. You want the safest bet ?? Doctor/Surgeon/Orthodontist
Agreed, way too many lawyers (aka devil's spawns) out there. But M.D. is not realistic given he has no undergrad degree in bio, chem, or anything along that line.

PSeye MKIV, I say get an MBA with a marketing focus.

·
In for teh nudez.
286 Posts
Agreed, way too many lawyers (aka devil's spawns) out there. But M.D. is not realistic given he has no undergrad degree in bio, chem, or anything along that line.

PSeye MKIV, I say get an MBA with a marketing focus.
:lol:

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
Apply for an internship with the international distribution division of a major record label. Universal Music Group International (UMGI), for example.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
ALright

I see you live in the Garden state,

Where do you live and go to school?
What are y your immediate financial obligations after school?
You WILL be graduating in 2010?
How are your grades?
What is you ability/ willingness to relocate?
Why music? What part of Music?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts