Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am painting my s1 headlight to look like s2 i'm finding it hard what paint to choose does anyone know the oem colour code? or has anyone used a spefiic product which looks great?

i used the bumping coating dupli-colour for my dash looks great was tempted to use it for my headlights but it's really dark black the charcol oem does look nice, thanks also what type of paint? i was tempted to grab this even tho i dont think it's for plastic

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Dupli-Color-Aerosol-Paint-Vinyl-Fabric-Paint-Charcoal-Grey-311g.aspx?pid=324092#Recommendations

·
Administrator
8,797 Posts
Don't believe there is an OEM color code for the lights as they were made my Koito not toyota. You can have a body shop match the color but I know people use a factory GM color "GM storm gray" and that is very close. You can get that from duplicolor I believe.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Dupli color....chevy paint code. Ill dig out my can and update.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone happen to know if any cans are 14, 391e, wa391e?

I'm in AUS so i was thinking of just telling a guy that colour code and getting him to custom mix one or something as i don't think i'll find it here without having to order it from the states my headlight sealent turned up today and i really want to get these done not have to wait couple weeks for paint for the US lol

·
Administrator
8,797 Posts
14/wa391e should work for the code, thats how it appears on the door card of the vehicle.

Matt
Does anyone happen to know if any cans are 14, 391e, wa391e?

I'm in AUS so i was thinking of just telling a guy that colour code and getting him to custom mix one or something as i don't think i'll find it here without having to order it from the states my headlight sealent turned up today and i really want to get these done not have to wait couple weeks for paint for the US lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome thanks mate! Going to take that code into a paint shop see what they can do ! I've never been keener to see my new headlights!

Just got quoted $300 AUD for s2 Taillights "price has gone up apprently lol" ($230USD)
Mind me asking guys and girls what did you pay for s2 tail lights i am just curious that's all.
I really want them aslong with my s2 replica headlights ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts