Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm negotiating with the seller right now for a Blitz blow-off valve, with the trumpeted fitting on it. Has anybody had any experiences with these valves? Do they vent low boost well? How do they sound? With the trumpet on it.... it should be pretty loud, right?

Any other questions or comments?
Thanks,
Craig
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,417 Posts
I run 2 of them - no problems and they do sounds very menacing. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
I'm using that exact one right now, I had a Greddy Type-S before. The Blitz just sounds like a rush of air leaving, The Greddy had a higher pitch noise that sounded meaner. The Greddy is annoying on part throttle though, as it would be chirping all the time even under vacuum unless you set it really hard (where it wouldn't really be working right under higher boost levels) The Blitz doesn't seem to have as wide of an adjustment range as the difference in tension with the screw backed all the way out and all the way in isn't as different than doing the same with the Greddy. Hope this helps..
 

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
Joined
·
3,488 Posts
Does anybody have any sound clips?

Joe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
supracar said:
I'm using that exact one right now, I had a Greddy Type-S before. The Blitz just sounds like a rush of air leaving, The Greddy had a higher pitch noise that sounded meaner. The Greddy is annoying on part throttle though, as it would be chirping all the time even under vacuum unless you set it really hard (where it wouldn't really be working right under higher boost levels) The Blitz doesn't seem to have as wide of an adjustment range as the difference in tension with the screw backed all the way out and all the way in isn't as different than doing the same with the Greddy. Hope this helps..
I'm actually looking into a Type-S as well actually. So the type-s sounds better then? Aside from constant chirping? I would also rather have a more adjustable valve, which it sounds like the Type-s is as well.

Decisions, decisions..... :)
 

·
BOOBIES
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
What about the HKS SSBOV? I thought that one was insanely loud. I don't have one but it seems it's quite common so I'd guess it's really loud.
 

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
Joined
·
1,513 Posts
i've had both the blit and hks ssbov.. i am currently running two hks ssbov.
the blits sounded pretty cool, a bit louder than the hks ssbov but in my opinion, the HKS ssbov is a more unique sound and will turn more heads.
the blits bov sounds like the bus' air brakes :) i've heard paul mendelsons car with the blits bov and greddy Type R and that was one of the wickedest BOV i've heard. i bought the Blits from him but then sold it and got another hks SSBOV now.

i would be more concerned about functioning than sound. that's why i went with the hks ssbov. i liked the pull type idea.

don't get the Greddy Type S, if anything get the TYpe R. type S is for lower boosting cars
 

·
BOOBIES
Joined
·
3,214 Posts
it would be cool if we could get some high quality sound clips and hear all 3 and we could all masturbate to them (optional).
 

·
Asian Sensation
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
i have it the older style. trumpet version. Love it.

nice PSSSSSSSH!.... not like the semi-truck PASSSSHHHH like the apex'i.

Who has it on a single car? Goin single this week just wanna know how it sounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
I have the newer style Blitz DD and I think it's a great BOV. I am actually going to add an HKS SSBOV when I go single, as I think the 2 designs (pull and push) compliment each other. Should sound pretty cool too :D

OH, and BTW, even at BPU, the Blitz is LOUD. I can only imagine how loud 2 of them on a single would be :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,417 Posts
Greg Bielawski said:
I can only imagine how loud 2 of them on a single would be :eek:
Muhahaha :devil:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,496 Posts
Greg Bielawski said:
I have the newer style Blitz DD and I think it's a great BOV. I am actually going to add an HKS SSBOV when I go single, as I think the 2 designs (pull and push) compliment each other. Should sound pretty cool too :D

OH, and BTW, even at BPU, the Blitz is LOUD. I can only imagine how loud 2 of them on a single would be :eek:
I have had two Blitz DD BOVs for awhile now, after first having two of the Blitz trumpet-type BOVs. In both instances, they have worked very very well. I purchased the DDs after I learned they flowed approximately 20% more than the trumpet types and I thougt I needed the extra flow. I've never concerned myself with how they sound, as it wouldn't matter to me if they were totally silent....as long as they worked. That said, the sound they give off is pleasing to my ears at least.

Ken.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Kenneth J. Henderson said:
I have had two Blitz DD BOVs for awhile now, after first having two of the Blitz trumpet-type BOVs. In both instances, they have worked very very well. I purchased the DDs after I learned they flowed approximately 20% more than the trumpet types and I thougt I needed the extra flow. I've never concerned myself with how they sound, as it wouldn't matter to me if they were totally silent....as long as they worked. That said, the sound they give off is pleasing to my ears at least.

Ken.
Hey Ken,

I noticed a while back while reading your TO4R article that you mentioned you don't like the newer style HKS SSBOV...I'm just wondering why this is?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,496 Posts
Greg Bielawski said:
Hey Ken,

I noticed a while back while reading your TO4R article that you mentioned you don't like the newer style HKS SSBOV...I'm just wondering why this is?
Greg,

I've always thought that if this BOV is truly sequential, it doesn't make sense to me. I'll stipulate to my ignorance on this product, but I'm not sure why, other than some type of marketing gimmick, air would need to be released sequentially when the throttle is closed to avoid compressor surge. It seems to me ALL of the air should be released at once and not just a portion of the air, as sequential would seem to imply. Without really looking into it, it seemed HKS might have been after a unique sound as opposed to maximum flow which was my, almost sole, criterion. As I said earlier, sound is no big deal to me, but I have to confess the Blitz units are the most attractive, to my eyes at least. So, after function, the looks were just frosting on the cake, so to speak.

My assumptions could be all wrong, as I've been so pleased with both versions of the Blitz, that I never really looked into competing products.

Ken.
 

·
Abu Dhabi Speed
Joined
·
146 Posts
i have them and they work very good with me, the sound is loud even that iam running BPU only
i think i will get the second one when i go single
 

·
GA Rocks!
Joined
·
1,094 Posts
blitz is a push type bov while hks is a pull type. Pull type won't leak at high boost since boost seals it. Push type bov work better at lower boost since the pressure pushes it open. I run both one HKS ssbov and one Blitz new style. I run them in parallel. I made sure i put the stiff spring in the blitz and haven't heard them leaking up to 28 psi.

Good luck,
Sid
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,109 Posts
sidwin said:
blitz is a push type bov while hks is a pull type. Pull type won't leak at high boost since boost seals it. Push type bov work better at lower boost since the pressure pushes it open. I run both one HKS ssbov and one Blitz new style. I run them in parallel. I made sure i put the stiff spring in the blitz and haven't heard them leaking up to 28 psi.

Good luck,
Sid
Could you explain what you mean by running them in parallel, please?
thanks!
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top