Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the common rust spots for MKIV's? I am going to a highly humid area where rust is a very big problem so I just want to know what parts I need to pay extra attention to. Also, do those electronic rust prevention gadgets work? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
Keep an eye on the decklid around the rear window. This is the one spot where Toyota f'd up, IMO. The design used for holding the rear window actually catches water, holds it, and eventually leads to rust.

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
Keep an eye on the decklid around the rear window. This is the one spot where Toyota f'd up, IMO. The design used for holding the rear window actually catches water, holds it, and eventually leads to rust.
x2, bastards!

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
The dreaded hatch rust is the only thing you need to worry about. Either switch to a CF unit, or have your glass pulled and prep that area like a son of a bitch.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you goin to Guam? thats where im from. :)
Yup! Know of any supras on Guam? My car would be sitting for a year though. I have a car cover but the car is only gonna be under a carport and not in a garage. Let me know what else I need to keep it looking prestine. Shoots:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts