Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I dont own a MKIV, but i am in the process getting a Lexus SC 300 and swap it with a 2JZ GTE or GE. The question i have is what are some of the common upgrades that TT supra owners usually have. Bigger turbo? Complete lower end rebuild. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
62 Posts
I suggest you do some research before posting a question like this which has been asked several hundred (or even thousand times).

Just to answer your question briefly though: Firstly, the SC300 comes with the 2JZGE powerplant to start with. It is common to swap the GTE from the Supra TT in as the biggest performance mod.

The bottom end is exceptionally strong in both the 2JZGE/GTE engines and is good for around 800rwhp without any rebuilding needed. The stock turbos on a 2JZGTE can also make around 480rwhp with the correct mods (intake, exhaust, downpipe, more boost, cam gears, etc). The next mod is increased fuel delivery and a larger turbo, then the limits are practically endless depending on your needs.

Powerhouseracing.com, toyomoto.com and f-max.com all have turbo kits for the SC300/2JZGE which produce good power depending on the components used (turbo size etc).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts