Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow 1JZ bretheren.

I am about to go finish up my 1JZ build up. However, I am missing the most essential part: FUEL SYSTEM.

I can't seem to find a company that makes a good fuel rail and injectors. I have the fuel pump and a universal FPR. Can you guys recommend some brands for the rail and injectors that are readily available these days?

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,150 Posts
I believe ryan Rai or spoolnt78 can get any side up to 1600 top or side feed injectors...

You can modify the 2j rails to fit if you really want.

550 2j usdm injectors work. and walbro fuel pumps are the same as MA70

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZaZZn said:
I believe ryan Rai or spoolnt78 can get any side up to 1600 top or side feed injectors...

You can modify the 2j rails to fit if you really want.

550 2j usdm injectors work. and walbro fuel pumps are the same as MA70
The only problem with the 2J injectors is that I will max them out with the power output that I am going for. Do you know how extensive the modding would be for a 2J aftermarket rail?

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Last I heard the side feed 850's were big $$$$$$$$$

I think the custom rail setup is the way to go, until someone developes a direct 1J bolt on fuel system.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
So I need some more info about fitting top feed injectors to a 1jz... what is needed... I can pick up some 720cc top feed's for a song... what is needed to make this setup work?

Should I just get blank fuel rail, and have it machined, and then weld on mounts?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ckanderson said:
So I need some more info about fitting top feed injectors to a 1jz... what is needed... I can pick up some 720cc top feed's for a song... what is needed to make this setup work?

Should I just get blank fuel rail, and have it machined, and then weld on mounts?
I pretty much have the same question:D ;)

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
Me and becuseican came up with this idea and now we have made 3 sets one for his car one for mine and one for sale. We are just working on the bolts and brackets right know.

Jeremy

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
What if i were to tell you that i could Probably set up a Group Buy on a direct fit 1JZ aftermarket top feed fuel rail for about $300. If a few, 5+, are interested than i'll see what i can do. Oh, and the admins would have to approve the buy.

Bryan

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
BICperformance.com makes one:D , it should be released in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
One of you need to send the lower manifold to www.rossmachineracing.com and he will custom build a top feed rail for your cars with different spacers and adapters to fit different injectors. Cantact Tommy-he said he would do the firts one for $300 and then sell them for $350.

·
Registered
824 Posts
if a top feed rail costs $300US which = $450AU. We can get 650cc Sards for about $600 so IMO it is not really worth going for a top feed rail. The 850's are a little more expensive about $700 or so. that is $400US and $433US respectively.

But if you want to do it, I am not stopping you :)

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
The rail isnt the hard part it is the lower adapters. I had some custom adapters machined to fit into the manifold, that use the stock 1JZ lower grommets. I will post pics of my setup once it is done.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Greddy makes one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts