Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my older brother is looking for a sports/sporty car. I think the determining factor for him between those 2 are the handling/suspension, although the rarity and the "legendary" type R takes our vote. We went to look at a 2001 black (i prefer Championship white) type R for $19,XXX w/ 32k miles. Only one for sale in the state for last couple months! RSX arent hard to find of course. So any suggestions and comparisons are welcomed. Don't suggest any other cars (hard enough already. if it was me, i'd get an sw20 MR2 turbo or MR-S to swap in a 2zz and order a hardtop for it. He's not SO much into sports cars and tuning so...) anyways, maybe also compare the B18c5 to the new 2.0 engine (perf. and reliab.)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Correct me if im wrong, but didnt the 01s come with yellow and black only. The championship white was 97-98 wasnt it? I love these cars. I would take a type R over the rsx-S. I used to have a 93 integra gsr and that thing was so much fun.

·
Supra Newb
635 Posts
Type R for the win!! The only problem with it is that they get stolen quite often so make sure he takes security very seriously.

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Considering the fact that the RSX looks like a tall, thin, ugly turd and that the Integra (as popular and riced out as it has become) is lower, wider, Type R is race inspired, mid-90's awesome styling, etc....I think the decision is easy. :dunno:

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Rookie84 said:
Get Type-R and do JDM front conversion... yum...
:werd:JDM looks nice. Even if it's the best-handling fwd car ever made, it's still fwd....and even worse, it's still a Honda. Tell him you won't talk to him ever again if he gets a honda. That should work. :dunno:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
even growing up seeing and hearing riced out hondas everyday and being known as a "honda hater" by those around me, I like the Type R. along with that, me and my dad are hardcore Toyota fans.....nothing but toyota....but i can respect a nice ITR

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
ITR is the easiest choice in the world. plus that little bastard is goignt o hold value much better.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'd get the itr....but then again i'm a sucker for an engine that revs to 9500 rpm :)

also, i believe the championship white was only made in 97&98...

·
6,137 Posts
casper said:
I'd get the itr....but then again i'm a sucker for an engine that revs to 9500 rpm :)

also, i believe the championship white was only made in 97&98...
Yep Championship White was 97& 98. 00 & 01 was black and yellow.

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
Wow, 19,000 for a four-five year old non S2000/NSX Honda. I couldn't do it. If he's into modding, I'd find some tired 100,000 mile LS for like, 5 grand, do the JDM front end conversion, and build whatever flavor of the week B series/turbo block he wants. The only reason to get a legit Type R IMO is for the exclusivity and to leave it alone and not drive it much, and to not mess it up with mods. It would be a shame to cut one up, or have to leave it in a garage most of the time, or risk leaving it outside and have some riceturd snatch the wheels, emblems or whole car and strip it.

A late model RSX could be had for less and aren't as likely to get pinched and I wouldn't feel bad about modding it.

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Ocelot said:
:werd:JDM looks nice. Even if it's the best-handling fwd car ever made, it's still fwd....and even worse, it's still a Honda. Tell him you won't talk to him ever again if he gets a honda. That should work. :dunno:
The JDM look used to seem like an awesome idea to me, until you think about how much it looks like an "Accord" and more sedan-look it gives the car than a sleeker look the stock USDM front end gives it.....

"Even worse, it's still a Honda"? What's so bad about that?! Just because other people molest, abuse, confuse these cars doesn't take away from how awesome they are in relation to build quality, holding value, longetivity/reliability, and just plain BETTER of an investment than say...a Pontiac.

Yes, it's still FWD, thanks for reminding us, I'm pretty sure you know why someone would want that over a RWD gas guzzler, given you live in the NE and tolerate it's roads and winter's as I do and all....

Type R is an awesome compromise between economy and sports fun IMO. It's just still a compromise...

·
6,137 Posts
^^^ very true about the accord/2nd gen teg look with the JDM front. honestly, Id do some suspension mods, lighten the bitch up a little and keep every fucking stock part period. A stock mint condition Type R will be worth somethign one day. Especially the 98's and 99's

·
Registered
456 Posts
well i own a rsx type s and i love it...
but ive always wanted the integra type r and i would love to own it...
both cars handle very well, the type r has a higher redline and a lower vtec point...
but when i raced one stock for stock i took the type r.. cause its a driver for driver race, but if i was able to choose i would go for the type r but i really do like the rsx-s... I think it all depends on what your brother wants to do with it...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts