Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the crappy title
My story and question: My precious 91t was awfully hit and run and now I basically have to fix and replace the left side. My question is that from what year to what year of the mk3 have compatible body parts? To be specific what years can go with these parts: (I have 91t blk sport roof)
-Left front bumper(left corner has been knocked out a little)
-Left front side marker(they dont make these clears huh?)
-Left front fender
-Left door
-Left rear bumper

I hella pissed cuz I hve to pay for these out of my own pocket because dam hit and run. So as soon as i can figure out what years would be compatible for these parts, i can start shopping. Please SF members, i need your help. I cant stand seeing my supra like this and under the cover.
Thanks in advance

-RR

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
The bumpers and side marker are 89+. The door and fender will work from any year, although you will probably need to change over the trim and the mirror (it was also redesigned in 89).

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Man, when you said "blk 91 turbo with sport roof" i cried. literally

I love black supes. I really hate to see a supra involved in a hit and run.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Hey I have a left front fender for you, it's in perfect shape. I have the door too but I'm not sure if you want to ship that....

Anyway email me and we'll work out a deal.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*BLacK SuPrA GTE* Man, when you said "blk 91 turbo with sport roof" i cried. literally
I know, this was the first time for crying just by walking out my front door seeing my car. My heart sank.

Any fender year would fit but if i find a fender from year 88 and under would i have to find a different year sidemarker too? Because side markers change for 89+ right, if so it wont match right side? Does anybody know where I can find and get these parts for my 91 preferably black, any good places or yards(or known as junkyards but supras are not junk)? I'm located in the bay area, CA.

SlimFastSupra- i p.m. you, i'll email you

Thanks for help so far everybody
-RR

·
Registered
961 Posts
aznrr_12 said:
I know, this was the first time for crying just by walking out my front door seeing my car. My heart sank.

I worry about my black 91T targa everytime i park it somewhere.... Tomorrow's my last day with it on the road.. then she gets parked for the winter.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
aznrr_12 said:

Any fender year would fit but if i find a fender from year 88 and under would i have to find a different year sidemarker too? Because side markers change for 89+ right, if so it wont match right side? Does anybody know where I can find and get these parts for my 91 preferably black, any good places or yards(or known as junkyards but supras are not junk)? I'm located in the bay area, CA.

SlimFastSupra- i p.m. you, i'll email you

Thanks for help so far everybody
-RR

You can use an 86.5+ fender. The sidemarkers fit with no issue. The front grill area changed, not the fender.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
aznrr_12

hey, same thing happened to me couple months back. HAd to fix it myself and look for the parts..(fender, door, header panel). theres none really in the bay area to look for the parts u need. best bet is to find ppl on the forum with the extra parts or there might be junkyards a little further away with the parts. Thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
supratkfy- I feel your pain, i gotta pay for it out of my own pocket too cuz i dont think insurance would cover it. Well there goes my plans for bpu.
Thanks everybody for input
-RR

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
aznrr_12 said:
sorry for the crappy title
My story and question: My precious 91t was awfully hit and run and now I basically have to fix and replace the left side. My question is that from what year to what year of the mk3 have compatible body parts? To be specific what years can go with these parts: (I have 91t blk sport roof)
-Left front bumper(left corner has been knocked out a little)
-Left front side marker(they dont make these clears huh?)
-Left front fender
-Left door
-Left rear bumper

I hella pissed cuz I hve to pay for these out of my own pocket because dam hit and run. So as soon as i can figure out what years would be compatible for these parts, i can start shopping. Please SF members, i need your help. I cant stand seeing my supra like this and under the cover.
Thanks in advance

-RR

I'm not sure what you mean by "left front bumper" if the front bumper is messed up at all, you pretty much have to replace the whole thing. For that you need 89+ to match your 91

For the left front sidemarker, you can get one really cheap pretty much anywhere, try the for sale section, or a local junkyard. If you want a clear one, which would look ill on a black supra, try www.clearcorners.com, they cost alot tho.

All front fenders are the same, 86.5-92, NA and turbo. The only different ones would be the "narrow-body" supras in japan, but don't worry I really doubt you will be gettin one of those.

All the doors are the same, 86.5-92, NA and turbo, but the 86.5 door electronics are a little differently wired, so you would have to reqire them, it can work fine though. And the side trims are different on pre 89's.

As for the left rear bumper, I think you would have to replace the whole rear bumper, unless you mean that part where the mud guard attaches. I believe all the rear bumpers are the same, 86.5-92. :)

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
aznrr_12

well i decided to just fix it up wit mismatching color parts and i drove it around for a few months. but didn't spend too much becuase i decided to go for a 5 spd Turbo...:D now i have an extra parts car....

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*fatboy* I'm not sure what you mean by "left front bumper" if the front bumper is messed up at all, you pretty much have to replace the whole thing. For that you need 89+ to match your 91
oops i meant front bumper and rear bumper and it got messed on the left side. I know i would have to replace them. The main damage right now is the fender and the door. Because of the hit my door would not open from the outside but somehow it could be open from the inside. Does anybody know whats the reason for that, could it be because some of the components are broken inside? I wanna get some estimates on the fender and door first and see if it is cheaper than replace it whole. Does anybody know of any good affordable :) shops here in the bay area?
Are there any sites that show and teach how to remove and replace the fender on the supra because i think i could save money if i do it myself?

Actually, does anybody of any cheap nice looking front kit, that i could maybe replace my front bumper instead? I notice the kits for sale on suprastore and suprasport but the style seem too much me. Looking for something simple and not flaring or sticking out.

omg, sorry for another set of questions :D
Thanks everybody
-RR

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
fender should be easy to replace..i did it myself and had no big problems removing it and installing it depending on the damage....i live in the bay area. maybe if u need some help or to show u how to remove i can help u . let me know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts