1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,029 Posts
Nice .. now you can do some aluminum welding for me :biggrin:

·
handy with the steel
415 Posts
Well done! must be nice not having to worry about silly MAF sensor.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice .. now you can do some aluminum welding for me
Well done! must be nice not having to worry about silly MAF sensor.
Do you hear any spool difference? Maybe louder? Care to post up a video of normal driving? TIA
Lol I love aluminum welding. Even though I’m not a pro ?

No maf worries. That’s right. Love MAP. Always have

I will try. I have very limited time for anything in life

It screams however !!! The turbos pull so hard - that I have to learn to shift on time with the bmw 6 speed and 3.26 Lexus diff

Thanks guys ????

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are mine sound like cruising in 5th or 6th at 3k putting load on it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ynuGTDur1JMjIGA_teSWI3D74ForKm-O/view?usp=sharing

*I stopped using photobucket ever since they took down all past pics/links. Not sure what everyone is using now. Don't know how to embed from google photos

http://<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ynuGTDur1JMjIGA_teSWI3D74ForKm-O/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
That’s a beautiful sound. I love turbos. Turbines. Jets. Anything that makes power and that sweet sound !! ???

Mine comes on around 3k. Cuz of the straight twins (no sequential ) and the larger wheels and yada yada

·
Racing is Life.
1,107 Posts
That came out great! Nice work and attention to heat management.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking to try this myself. How did you sort all the vacuum lines?
I dont recall any vacuum lines on the stock intakes, most vacuum lines that used to be on the metal distributing line, i changed them to silicone hoses and tucked them under the dual intakes and surrounding areas for the vsv's.

You have to be creative , that's all i can tell you :), the only piping i bought was for the 2nd turbo, which was a J bend and a few straight bends, i used the intake bracket of the 1st turbo and bought couple of aluminum elbows and reducers , and carefully pieced them together, then when it was perfect i welded them all and polished them, the BOV from factory, i welded it shit with a aluminum tube bar , came out nice, but i would do it again, CX Racing makes a Y pipe which takes out all that welding . Have fun

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dont recall any vacuum lines on the stock intakes, most vacuum lines that used to be on the metal distributing line, i changed them to silicone hoses and tucked them under the dual intakes and surrounding areas for the vsv's.

You have to be creative , that's all i can tell you :), the only piping i bought was for the 2nd turbo, which was a J bend and a few straight bends, i used the intake bracket of the 1st turbo and bought couple of aluminum elbows and reducers , and carefully pieced them together, then when it was perfect i welded them all and polished them, the BOV from factory, i welded it shit with a aluminum tube bar , came out nice, but i would do it again, CX Racing makes a Y pipe which takes out all that welding . Have fun
Thanks man... looking at these stock intake pipes, it looks as if there are a couple small vacuum nipples and a couple large ones

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the big vacuum port for turbo back turbo #2, is routed to the Accelerator valve on the throttle chamber, i disconnected that, i installed a small K&N filter on the valve, and plugged/welded the nipples on the pipe, as far as the blow off valve port, i cut it off and welded a aluminium solid tube, and the small vacuum tube when the pipe goes to the inter-cooler up front, you can use that for the aftermarket blow off valve or just put a rubber plug over it , make sure its a tight one.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let me know if you need help, the intake for the back turbo is not bad to fabricate, getting the intake flange angled for the #1 turbo and the limited area is the hard part, you got the fan shroud, and the upper inter cooler y pipe to work around, but the final product is the jam !! also, behind the passenger side headlight floor i cut out a 3" hole and fabricated a elbow , which goes behind the right front bumper opening below the signal light, with a mesh screen for extra air flow, it may not change anything as far as horsepower, BUT, it will flow in outside air to the turbos , i used a Porsche Cayene intake elbow, which i randomly found, it bolt right in lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts