Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i really have no problem with the color of my interior now (grey) and i know alot of ppl wish they had this color but to me its getting a lil..i dunno how to say, ehhh boring, i dunno. but anyways id like to know if anyone has ever had their interior changed from ____ to black. ive searched a lil bit and havent found very hard evidence. id really just like some help on ideas of how to get this one. because im shortly going to be painting my exterior black as well and my dream is to have an all black exterior, black inteior with black leather seats. its to my understanding all i would need to work on is the...

-carpet
-dash
-pillars
-roof
-and panels.
if ive forgotten anything else please help

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also if anyone has any pics of this swap thats been helpful too

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you live in soutern texas.. snap out of it man!! you are going to be driving an oven!!

How is your interior now? i would be interested in purchasing some pieces from you as i am trying to convert to the grey interior..

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
DOH!

My parts car is a 88 grey/grey... It had a complete interior but no more... I still have the dash and door panels that are in good shape...

BTW, if you buy new interior pieces from Toyota, they come in black now because Toyota doesn't dye the pieces anymore. You have to have them dyed to the color of your interior after you buy them. For instance, if you purchased a new dash, it would be black... Just food for thought.

- Hams.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are the dashes unpainted as decent looking as the ones painted? or are they a flat color. because ive seen many ppl use the interior sprayers like in cans ya know and when i used to see all these hondas that used the same paint it was all cracked and shit and it looked nasty, but they again they were all useing white and all these bullshit.but as of right now my interior is MINT. i mean the dash is flawless. so i mean im sure itd be no problem to keep it the way it is. but id really like for it to be black, i dunno something about black on black on black makes me think of class lol. i dunno but when i got into my cousins black 2001 z28 with black interior and seats i wanted mine that way. so would getting it pefessionally dyed be a better choice?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris, I want that dash and stuff!

Mine's got the damn blue interior and I want to go black/grey/charcoal. :)

So I, too, am looking for interior parts (and haven't had any luck yet). Didn't mean to hijack your thread, just wanted to get chris' attention. :)

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Hehe, no problem...

Call me up and well get whatever you need out of it...

- Hams.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried calling, you didn't answer. :)

and check your PM's you lazy, lazy, man. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
hey guys/gurls
i have sprayed my interior with black vinly paint and for good year it is still uncracked and everything.
i the car is under construction and i let the car sit in the summer heat of NY for the whole summer and the car is coooking from the inside because it is black but no problem.
just remember to use clear coat
you haven't sand the parts too if you want the spray paint to stay put and not peel.
i will try to get some pics up but the car is currenty in a garage so i can't get the pic.

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
I changed mine from shitty buckskin brown and burgandy to all black with grey accents.

16 cans of black molecubond for the dash and all other plastic surfaces= $150

sweat shirt material and spray glue from wallmart for headliner and targa (actually looks perfect)= $20

floor carpet from JcWhitney= $180

grey carpet for hatch floor, door panels and rear seat accents from home depot= $15 bucks

hot glue gun and glue sticks from walmart =$20.00

Fabric paint for seats 4 cans = $28 (looks a little ghetto but I LOVE HOW COMFORTABLE they are!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fried Rice said:
Fabric paint for seats 4 cans = $28 (looks a little ghetto but I LOVE HOW COMFORTABLE they are!!!!
How is the paint on the fabric? does it rub off on your clothes? That is my main concern using fabric paints..

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
find some girl who is good with sewing and shit, and she could probably reupholster them if you find some decent material. My gf is doing it for me:) yeah I'm special
I also painted my entire interior black, its a pita. during install I chipped and scratched things all to hell and I gotta touch up already. but fuck it, I'd rather have ghetto black than stock grey or burgundy

·
boost hungry
665 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but the only part of the interior that I really care about is the A/C. I also live in Houston, HOT AS HELL ALL THE TIME. so I need a really cold A/C, how would you rate the MKIII's A/C. I'm assuming the N/A and the Turbo have the same system?

·
Supra Dupra
534 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread, but wanted to as since we are talking about converting interior....I have a 91 with messed up leather seats and wanted to change them over to cloth, but I can only find ones from a 87 and I know it doesn't have full power options as the 91 seats I have now. The harness is a little different and I believe I have to splice a wire or two...has anyone done the wiring for this???

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
hmmmm, personally I like the grey interior, I just got all new grey interior parts excluding the dash and steering wheel... ( I want the sleek 89 wheel) and the dash from the car was in bad shape..... Oh yeah and I have a hardtop :) :) I got a sweet grey vinyl top the whole new interior is mint, haent put it on yet, waiting until I drive her then paint her

cassio

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well alright ive found the primer and ive found the color ( gloss black right? ) but i have yet to find the clear coat. where do i get this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts