Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran compression on my 88t.
Please comment on this.Are these good or bad.

·
Tampa Bay Supras
707 Posts
Looks good to me too...

Better than what I had in January: 142-139-25-25-150-155

Yes, that's 25, not a typo, lol

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
You are perfect. Very healthy engine. What head gasket are you using?

·
Tampa Bay Supras
707 Posts
stratoayu said:
on a side note... 25!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I know... Do I have the record for loweat comp in a cylinder here ? lol

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Looks good, nice healthy engineI just did a compression check and mine were

60 dry 65 wet
155 dry 170 wet

Leakdown test was
1: 15%
2: 15%
3: 85%
4: 15%
5: 15%
6: 45%

I am in the process of pulling my engine inspecting it and sending it back to ATK to see if they will warranty it. PRAYING they will. I know the rings and or piston are shot in cyl 3 because air was leaking through the pcv system and out the dipstick. Same with number 6 but not as bad. Not sure what happened but I am sure I will find out when I pull the head and inspect the pistons.

·
92 TURBO
1,008 Posts
itr206 said:
as long as they are consistant. That is what matters. I did mine the othere day and mine were 175 straight across
^ same here on my 92t w/ 117k miles, 175 psi on all cylinders (4 compressions cycles) with an very accurate ( read $$) screw in compression tester.
^^But the stock HG was going on the exhaust side on cyls. # 1,2,5 & 6. Metal fire rings were egg shaped on all but cyls. 3 & 4 and moving toward the HG's water jacket holes on the exhaust side. Coolant holes had become hour glass shaped. The intake side was fine. Wasn't much longer before total failure of the HG.
So I'd pull the head if it still has the stock HG with 90k + miles regardless of compression readings.
BTW, compression psi readings do increase with mileage due to carbon build up on the pistons and the head's combustion area.

~ mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hg is toyota factory at toyota specs.Speaking of boosting, is there a bolt on replacement for ct26 that does not require air/fuel adjustment/upgrades and make the same amount of power or more may be.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
anything bigger will make AFR alterations. Now if they will be enuff to need upgraded fuel or not depends on too many things.
I would do the supporting mods first before thinking about a diff turbo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am thinking of the new turbo not so much as a modification but a replacement as mine might be sick. Therefore i dont need more power from it (I have different philosophies about power) but a new bolt on replacement part without the new ct26 toyota price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts