Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 TT compression numbers. Feedback from anyone?

cyl. #1 175
cyl. #2 170
cyl. #3 170
cyl. #4 170
cyl. #5 170
cyl. #6 175

Stock plugs looked a little worn, little carbon not much. I plan on switching to a step colder plug because of BPU+ upgrades.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The numbers look good. Main thing is the numbers are very close to each other.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Looks real healthy. :bigthumb:
All cylinders are where they should be and the variance is excellent.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
healthy motor...time to crank that boost up man... :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Those numbers look very good. If there is not a 15psi differce from each cylinder then you are fine. Seems like a very strong motor.
Huy

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GaNg[sTa] said:
very nice numbers. your car is just crying though b/c it doesn't like only pushing stock boost hehe.
HKS EVC IV.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mike91t said:
They look really good. How many miles on her?
Grab on to something 193K miles :wtflol:

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
airpowr said:
Grab on to something 193K miles :wtflol:
No suprise on my end. These engines are great and when they're well cared for they last a long time. I had just over 200k before someone rearended me and my compression numbers looked like a new engine and leakdown was still pretty good.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Very Nice. I'd do a leakdown to make sure carbon isn't inflating your numbers. Added insurance you know?

Mike

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I've been searching and was wanting to learn a little bit about compression numbers. MKIV.com says 156+ and all cylinders within 14 psi. Is there a number that's too high? For instance, the most I've seen posted on SF is 180 psi. Is it the higher you go the better, or is there a point where it is too much? There's also a guy selling a 94 with numbers varying from 150-157. Are numbers less than 156 going to be a big problem? Would this be indicative of needing a new head gasket? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts