Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the repair manual it says you need to pull the two cam position sensors. I can't seem to reach both of them in this location(especially the one closer to the rear). My question is how do you get to these two fuses? Do you have to remove some stuff that is in the way. How do you get to the one at the rear of the motor? Please help.

Chris

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did mine with only pulling one of the sensors and it seemed to work fine, at least my numbers were great!

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
DANKAHOLIK said:
In the repair manual it says you need to pull the two cam position sensors. I can't seem to reach both of them in this location(especially the one closer to the rear). My question is how do you get to these two fuses? Do you have to remove some stuff that is in the way. How do you get to the one at the rear of the motor? Please help.

Chris
Pull the EFI 1 & 2 fuses, don't bother with the cam sensors.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard that there were some hose things that would need to be replaced on the coil packs. Is this true, because I am interested in doing a compression test when im looking for a supra.

Phil

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Nightmare6 said:
I heard that there were some hose things that would need to be replaced on the coil packs. Is this true, because I am interested in doing a compression test when im looking for a supra.

Phil
The "hose thing" is probably either:

1. The PCV hoses that connect each of the 2 cam covers together. They get old and brittle with age and heat. It's a good idea to buy them from Toyota before you start either a compression test or a plug change.

2. The wiring harness that plugs into each of the coils also gets brittle with age. There are small clips that hold the coil pack connectors in place, they can break when being removed. You can get new one from Jeff Watson @ Jay Marks Toyota, or you can use a zip tie to hold the connectors in place.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Compression test question........

Lagtime said:

Pull the EFI 1 & 2 fuses, don't bother with the cam sensors.
Where are the 2 EFI fuses located???

Thanks,
Chris

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Compression test question........

DANKAHOLIK said:

Where are the 2 EFI fuses located???

Thanks,
Chris
In the fuse box that is right behind the battery. They are the same 2 30A fuses you pull to re-set the ECU. If you turn the lid to the fuse box over and then spin it 180 degrees you will see a diagram of what each fuse is and where it goes.

You should also have a small pair of white plastic "tweezers" in the fuse box for pulling the fuses.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your input Lagtime. On a side note... What happens if you don't pull the EFI fuses? Will it corrupt the test in any way??

Thanks again,
Chris

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Your injectors will squirt gas into the cylinder, washing oil off the cylinder walls. And diluting your engine oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts