Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading somewhere about an upgrade for the stock twin compressor side of the turbos. Im not looking for a huge horsepower car yet as i just purchased the Supra, and cannot afford it. My stock twins are comin to the end of there life and im trying to decide what to do.....Is there a company that would rebuild the the turbos with a larger compressor housing? Or any other suggestions u guys got?

·
V-tec JUST KICKED IN!!!
715 Posts
Or you can just look into buying 2 MR2 turbos (CT26). They are bigger all round and should give you good power.

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
Well if your going to go through the trouble of taking the stock twins off which is a pain and then pay to have them rebuilt, in my opinion you should save the extra money and ride the stock turbos until you get the money for a single. It will be worth it. My .02, also I have a set of stock turbos with 77,500 miles no shaft play that would be cheaper than rebuilding just in case.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Or you can just look into buying 2 MR2 turbos (CT26). They are bigger all round and should give you good power.
A stock CT26 will only support about 220-230RWHP, so assuming you found some way to make them work on a 2JZ, you would be about the same HP level as with the CT-12's. There ARE upgrades for the CT26 that will allow them to support over 300RWHP (each) at high boost, but by the time you buy two of those, you'd be well on the way to a single kit.

To the OP: You need to contact Stu Hagen. He was the person coordinating and testing the compressor upgrade to the stock twins.

Ken

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay guys thanks for the info!!! I have been looking into a BL 67 single set up...seems to me this kit would be a good streetable application. I was told by a few ppl that singles will take a lot longer to spool...which makes them less fun on the streets?? This was the reason i was looking to upgrade the stockers....but if its gunna end up being close in price maybe i should wait til the end of summer?? lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was looking at the SP stage one set up but its more then the BL 67 Kit....im thinkin about buyin the BL 67 kit and just running low boost until i can afford the supporting mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts