Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to have the hks type 1 turbo timer installed but it is not working because of the compustar alarm..I guess it has to do with the autostart option, The car has to be in neutral and the e-brake on, take the key out the car still runs, once you close the door the car shuts off, and its ready to be started with the remote, but when the turbo timers installed and I do that, it counts down but the car still remains running...Does anyone know what I can do??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
please please please use the search button it helps!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know how to use the search button thanks...but I have never seen this posted before just, was just wondering if anyone specifically had the compustar and had this problem...thanks though...

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jimnen said:
Doesnt compustar come with a built in turbo timer? is it any good?
Thats what I heard after I bought the turbo timer..im not sure if its a built in turbo timer or it makes it possible to use a turbo timer, I figured out how to make it work though you have to put the car to sleep and the turbo timer will shut off the car but once it does the alarm isnt on, you have to lock the doors your self, but the alarm doesnt arm or the auto start doesnt work so it kidn of sucks...:( I wonder if theres another way to do it so the alarm can arm once the turbo timer shuts off the car?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I guess it depends in which compustar model you have..there is a model out there that it is a turbo timer and will work by itself without adding, an after market timer

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm I dont know? I have the FM one, the turbo timer option was probally not hooked up by my installer..but i dont really care because I already have a turbo timer, just want the alarm to arm after it shuts off...anyone?

(thanks!)

J

·
0 Posts
Dude, you just need to activate the turbo timer feature on your compustar. It's not as fancy as the HK$ unit, but it works. I think it's just a basic 2 minute runtime, but it does work fine!

I don't use it currently, but I did set it up and test, for that day down the road when I have a turbo to protect. :)

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks but I did that and it keeps the car running wiht my current turbo timer but when the car shuts off it does not arm the alarm, it may be because of my auto start feature.

J

·
0 Posts
You're right. The alarm won't arm if you're using the other turbo timer, because what the ALARM is looking for to arm is:

Ignition shut off
Door(s) open
All doors closed.

When the turbo timer kicks in, the doors open and close while the ignition is still on, as far as the alarm can tell. Because of that, the doors never open after the ignition is turned off, and therefore the alarm never arms.

You could use diodes to make the turbo timer work, and the alarm to arm, but when the alarm arms, because it doesn't think that the car is running anymore, then the shock sensor could go off because of any engine vibration (particularly when the turbo timer shuts off the engine!) and set off the alarm. Not good!

A better way to do it would be to have the turbo timer pick up when the alarm lets the engine shut down (ie, start the turbo timer after you've taken the keys out of the ignition) and the remote starter might have a chance. Again, you'll have to watch the shock sensor, probably make it much less sensitive.

In general, though, I don't see a whole lot of sense in having too many things involved in the primary ignition circuit. The Compustar has a turbo timer built in. Let it take care of the remote start, the alarm, and the turbo timer, and you've got much less chance for problems.

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm, alright thanks man, im going to see if I can get my turbo timer feature hooked up but does it have to keep the car running for 2 min? thats kind of long sometimes...and would anyone happen to know the security feautres of the alarm, I haven't heard much of what it does when someone trys to steal it, I know it will set off the alarm and send you a page but does it have like ignition lock or engine kill?

Thanks!

J

·
0 Posts
Depending on how it was wired, it can have ignition kill or starter kill. If you use the default wiring options, then it will have starter kill, but not ignition kill.

If the brake is pressed any time that the car is running, and the key is not in the ignition, it will cut the engine. (In the case of my install, pressing the clutch will also kill the engine.)

You can shut down the turbo timer from the remote, but personally, I think that 2 mintues is fine in most cases. I'd rather have the option to extend it to longer. No, you cannot just adjust the run time as you get out of the car. It's an on/off feature.

Really, this is something that you can look up for yourself, at Compustar's website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.