Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
MKIV TT 6 Speed
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this is the problem it started about 2 week ago, i open my my e-mail (Outlook) and get up to 300+ undelivered e-mails (MAILER-DEAMON). They are going to all sorts of people and have my return e-mail address on it and every few days it changes, this shit is getting out of hand how do i stop this?

The worst part is that this is my business e-mail and it is some sort of penis enlargement pills ad they are sending from my name, did some one hack my computer or are they just being redirected to my e-mail address?

What do i do how do i stop this?

· One Fast Supra
601 Posts
OK this is the problem it started about 2 week ago, i open my my e-mail (Outlook) and get up to 300+ undelivered e-mails (MAILER-DEAMON). They are going to all sorts of people and have my return e-mail address on it and every few days it changes, this shit is getting out of hand how do i stop this?

The worst part is that this is my business e-mail and it is some sort of penis enlargement pills ad they are sending from my name, did some one hack my computer or are they just being redirected to my e-mail address?

What do i do how do i stop this?
Sounds like someone hacked into your account. I would log directly into your email server and change your password. I would also verify your forwarding options. Do this directly in your email server and not in Outlook. Hope that helps.

· Registered
2,326 Posts
I doubt the hacked your computer. Unless the items are in your sent mail or are outgoing from your server. There are plenty of programs where you can put the from address as a forged address which would cause you to get the " bounce backs"

· Registered
2,326 Posts
Then no one hacked your account. The used your account merely as a from address.

There isnt much you can do without spending quite a bit of time on it. What you should do is contact your server/isp depending on what you use and notify them of this behavior so they know it isnt you sending the mail.

2nd I would just set a rule and have them go to a seperate folder for the non-deliverables in your outlook.

There isnt a whole lot you can do without a whole bunch of work.

· Registered
MKIV TT 6 Speed
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then no one hacked your account. The used your account merely as a from address.

There isnt much you can do without spending quite a bit of time on it. What you should do is contact your server/isp depending on what you use and notify them of this behavior so they know it isnt you sending the mail.

2nd I would just set a rule and have them go to a seperate folder for the non-deliverables in your outlook.

There isnt a whole lot you can do without a whole bunch of work.
Damn man, this sucks.

Hey thanks a lot for the help i will contact them.

· Registered
2,326 Posts
LOL dont waste your time contacting them they are spammers. They dont care. Trust me =)

· Registered
1,529 Posts

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
I would just stick with malware bytes instead of running any of those unless absolutely needed. I think once you run a scan with malware bytes your outgoing spam issue will be solved.

In some instances malware needs to be removed manually from the registry, but you should be fine.

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts
Just an FYI, AdAware and some of those other applications can cause more harm than good by deleting important registry entries or system files. I've seen this happen a lot of times here at work when the helpless desk tries to fix a virus issue.

Just my 2 cents..

· Registered
1,588 Posts
Just an FYI, AdAware and some of those other applications can cause more harm than good by deleting important registry entries or system files. I've seen this happen a lot of times here at work when the helpless desk tries to fix a virus issue.

Just my 2 cents..
I've never had a problem with AdAware personally. But because I'm on a true 512bit firewall I don't ever have more than tracking cookies. The one I mainly use is Spybot S&D but adaware finds somethings that Spybot doesn't as unusual as it sounds. All of the above information I would trust though without a doubt. Though you said you found 13 entries and hopefully did a second scan, still change your password ASAP.

· Registered
1,529 Posts
HiJack this is the only one I've seen cause any issues.

And yeah, HelpDesk isn't always the best solution. They expect to find highly trained techs for 30k and then wonder why they can't get quality help.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.