Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car already modified and noticed that it does not have the factory condensor fan or shroud. It has a greddy 3 row and a fluidyne radiator. Does anyone know if the condensor fan would fit? The ac blows alot colder when the temps are cooler and on hot days is pretty much just barely bertter than the outside air. Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
if its that much of a difference then you might want to get your AC inspected. it should still be fairly cool even on hot days.
if you have the mechanical fan and no shroud, i would get that on there first.
if you do end up needing the condenser fan i would look into something aftermarket like Spal because the OE fan is too big to fit with a FMIC.

·
From the land down under
3,877 Posts
Definitely sounds like you need to have the AC system regassed if its not blowing cold.

Thankfully CRC sell a DIY can with hose fitting now, so you dont have to pay the experts.

My AC had slowly got worse over the years, and got to the point where it basically didnt blow any cooler than ambient air, and I figured that it had leaked out, but decided to roll the dice on the CRC kit first, and to my great surprise, and relief, it fixed the problem and is now blowing ICE COLD, just like it used to in 1996. It has been a year now and its still as good as new.

GL

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,294 Posts
What is everyone else with front mounts using?
Nothing. Car cools fine without it if the freon is good, and I'm in NC also, so our Summers arean't as bad as say, Arizona.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts