Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im replacing my head gasket after failure :( getting a metal one cf course. Seems to me after research its a good idea to get away from as many stock parts in the area as possible. so im looking at the ARP blots and studs on suprasport.com. Do you need both the bolts and studs or just one or the other (if just one wuts better to get?) thanks peeps. 89 turbo help my baby get back on the road and ready for more horses

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Bolts are easier to install, studs give a more precise torque. For just about everybody the bolts are sufficient. Unless you're planning for over 500rwhp I highly suggest the bolts.

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
Bolts are the way to go. Half the people Ive seen with Studs somehow find a way to install them backwards...... Its a no-brainer with the bolts. :) Plus... if you are talented you can just drop one engine mount and install them without removing the block...... (wouldnt recommend this if you havent done it before or are new to engine rebuild.... could be more trouble than good)

Trey

B

·
0 Posts
eh, the new ones with the key arent that hard to install... but ill take a guess here and agree that bolts are probably the best choice in your case.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
bwahahahahahaha...how do you install them backwards?! My studs actually have a "b" and a "h" stamped on them...as well as the head side has the hex key...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts