Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
28-29psi, stock motor, T72 turbo I think?? Video will be up soon!

Sal, you ready to ship me that car yet? I need to add it to my collection!

A few more psi or me behind the wheel and it will run a 9ec pass! J/K Matt. Matt Miller actually piloted the car to this pass. Congrats again!

·
19in 795R HRE's FTW....
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, bone stock engine, HKS 272 cams, 6spd

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Congrats Sal/Matt!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks Ryan for the post and everyone for the congrats.

I really would like to thank Matt for allowing me to use his ET Streets/skinnies and also taking a day off to run my car. Thanks buddy, I really appreciate all your help!

My first pass was pretty horrible. [email protected] spinning through 1st and 2nd. I forgot how to race this car! It's only been 2.5 years since I've dragged a Supra and damn is there some seat time required!

I'm sure Matt would've got the car in the 9's if the clutch had not started to slip.

Another friend took the video, so hopefully I'll get it from him in the next day or so.

G

·
Great times man, you'll be seeing 9's when you get used to your Supra. Time will tell :D . Do you have pics of your car?

-Dino

·
basupra's worst nightmare
1,267 Posts
Awesome Sal! I guess that's why you called me today?

It doesn't count until you drive it yourself though! :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thanks everyone!!

Anytime Sal, Thanks for letting me get some seat time in the car today... Glad the weather held out long enough to atleast make a few passes. I have to admit not having driven a supra since November, I never expected that kind of Et on the first pass. :) The clutch should be fine after some street driving. Get the boost leak figured out and we'll get a 9 second pass next time out. Thanks again buddy!!

For those who haven't seen Sal's car.... It is the nicest Quicksilver around. Extremely low miles with an engine bay you could eat off. :bigthumb: IMHO the nicest street set-up I've driven!!

Take care,
Matt

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Hey guys, congrats, that's a hell of an et for that mph! :)
Peter

·
Boost Junkie
12,740 Posts
Wow!

Great pass, post up the slip and vid!

Steve K.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Axoman: I hear ya man. I tried, but that launch takes some practice. I figured before I sent the clutch to the graveyard, I better let Matt do his magic! :D

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
Congrats Sal and Matt. Sal, what kind of power have you put down with your car if you dont mind me asking?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts