Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
what will the future hold
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats on the great numbers out at AAP yesterday. Been a long road for him but after going from the vpc/safc, ecu change, Map ecu his 96 na finally got on track and dynoed 499.7 rwhp and 550 rwhp torque using a AEM. Not bad for 18 psi. Also this was on 104 race gas. So guys with 96na's do yourself and go standalone or prepare to have issues.:) Justin my friend dues paid in full.

·
Lord of 10 lbs
403 Posts
Will, ha... I cant thank you enough. You are the grand master behind all of this. Without you I would be back at square one. I cant thank you enough, along with AAP - Chris A, Mike, and Chris P!! Thanks to everyone who had a part in this. Very excited to drive the car, and see how it feels... that and no problems for awhile we hope :D .

Again - Thanks to Will and AAP!

Justin

·
Lord of 10 lbs
403 Posts
suprafly79 said:
congrat...great #'s

can we get some info on what setup your running?
Of course...

I decided to give Kean and Zohair a call last summer, and boy am I happy I did. Boostlogic kit, which you can check out at www.boostlogic.com of course. Swapped out the t67 turbo with a t04r. .68 a/r housing, also upgraded fuel injectors to 680's. Had so many problems with the map ecu and vpc / safc - after taking out map ecu. Decided to step it up and go with the AEM after talking with JKAG and hearing it worked well. I cant really express or stress the need for an AEM to all you 96 owners. We went through hell trying to figure out what was wrong, and so much time and money, Im just glad we are running "perfect" for the time being. I dont want anyone else to go through what we have for the past 6+ months.

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Congrats!

Congrats, Boost!

I know it's been along time coming.

You still owe me that ride!

Post up the dyno sheet I'd like to see the curve.

Who tuned the AEM for you?

David

·
Down the tunnel, please.
409 Posts
Congratulations, very nice numbers. Keep it up!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Wow, that's very impressive. Congrats.

Let us know how the AEM works out for you in the long run. Sometimes I feel the jury's still out on this thing (AEM). Some people swear by it, others hate it. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end though.

500hp....I can't even imagine having that much HP.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Those that hate it are the people who tried to tune it themselves.
Nice #s.
My AEM is going in any day now.
Just waiting on some spare pins from HPF.

~Alan

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
congratulations man...I bet 500 hp feels awesome. Drooling with envy from a fellow 96'er

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
congrats on the numbers!

Ravan17: Pump gas will yield low 500RWHP(depends on copmression ratio) and race gas number will be low 600RWHP with the 67P trim .68A/R setup. We made around 630RWHP on Chris' NA-T setup at 28psi and VP Unleaded 109 octane.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Justin,
Good to hear that the beast is finally tuned and making good power. You've stuck it out even when normal guys your age would have just lost interest after the 1st set back. Im happy for you bro.. There will be other issues in the future im sure but with a good attitude and hard work it will all be fine.. Congrats-- "who's da man now?" :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Great NEWs Justin, I am glad everything work out for you. I am waiting on my t67 now and after seeing your numbers I am going crazy. I want it NOW.;)

Will good job.

Again GREAT NEWS and GREAT NUMBERS. Looking forward to seeing you around this summer.

Fred

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ravan17 said:
you put down 499 on 104 octane with the boostlogic kit?? damn.....not bad, but why did ppl say that i would be putting down mid 500's with the boostlogic t67, .68ar , 780cc's AEM EMS, ect. on pump, and around 600 on 100 octane, does that sound right?
Yes that is right. The boostlogic kit is top notch and Kean knows what he is talking about. But you got to remeber 1 thing - Every car is different. Some will take the modes well and others you will have to work with, alot. Justin is just now getting the big bang for his buck after much effort. And I doult that Kean did 630 rwhp on his first pull. Alot of tuning and tweaking goes in to it.

So don't be upset if you do not get 500 on pump on your first pull.

·
Registered
472 Posts
"Boostlogic kit is top notch" ha ha ha... I wouldn't say all that.. Justin might not want to hurt anyone's feelings but they have a lot to learn about quality control.. And if you ask me justin was too nice for all the bull sh$t issues he had with that "top notch kit".. And I aint scared about hurting feelings! Cause I can care less what the BL CREW want to say about this post. Yall had my boy justin twisted on too many bs issues for all the money he laid down on your product.. All the same im glad justin got his car running right and I can't wait til we do more late summer nite runs in the ville.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ATLPD3147 said:
"Boostlogic kit is top notch" ha ha ha... I wouldn't say all that.. Justin might not want to hurt anyone's feelings but they have a lot to learn about quality control.. And if you ask me justin was too nice for all the bull sh$t issues he had with that "top notch kit".. And I aint scared about hurting feelings! Cause I can care less what the BL CREW want to say about this post. Yall had my boy justin twisted on too many bs issues for all the money he laid down on your product.. All the same im glad justin got his car running right and I can't wait til we do more late summer nite runs in the ville.

What Quality issues did he have? I have spoken to Will alot during this project and the issues he had was with OBDII. I have been running the kit for a year now and the base kit is solid. Everything mounted up pretty easy, with no major rigging to make the kit fit. Did I have some problems getting it working - Yes. But most of my problems have come from trying to build a 500 whp daily driver. If I would have stayed at 300whp, I would not have had near the problems. Any time you modify a stock car you will have some issues. I don't work for BL and if their kit was sh$t I would be posting it up here so that no buddy else would buy it. Everyone that knows me - know that I Do not lie and I am very up front about issues.

So please post a list of issues that you are talking about, so that everyone can learn. Start a new thread if needed.

Justin - Don't want to steal your thread but if your kit had any serious quality issues - we should make everyone aware of them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts