Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congrats to Ken on Autosalon mag *updated: pics*

Congratulations on making it into another magazine Ken, obvisouly i haven't seen the article yet - it comes in next months Autosalon magazine (ozzie mag), but they do have a sneak preview page. They don't mention the name, but who else do you think of when you see a frontal shot of an immaculate black 3.4L supra with do-luck bonnet and making a truckload of power... and then you see the SP Engineering sticker on the windshield...

Can't wait for next months issue

*UPDATED: got the magazine early at the car show, have some small scans - and full size ones where you can actually read what was said, had 8 pages of pictures and text*

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
God damn Ken, another shoot... Big Congrats from me to you.

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
quick_dry said:
Congratulations on making it into another magazine Ken, obvisouly i haven't seen the article yet - it comes in next months Autosalon magazine (ozzie mag), but they do have a sneak preview page. They don't mention the name, but who else do you think of when you see a frontal shot of an immaculate black 3.4L supra with do-luck bonnet and making a truckload of power... and then you see the SP Engineering sticker on the windshield...

Can't wait for next months issue
quick_dry,

I'm quite surprised by all this. Some pics were taken of my car by a free-lance photographer that works with several Aussie magazines, but Autosalon wasn't the name that was mentioned to me. Plus, the shoot wasn't finished because the photog had HIN responsibilities the weekend we got together. He's been emailing me about getting together for the rest of the shoot and some action shots, but maybe someone decided that the teaser shots he provided were enough....I really don't know at this point. If I find out, I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for the kind words nevertheless. After my Turbo mag article, I really thought I was done, because different mags usually do not want the leftovers from the competition. So, it was surprising to me when I was solicited by AutoWeek and a couple of others. Time is not on my side, however, and it is very likely I'll pass on a couple of other opportunities. I'm really not looking to be in any more magazines anyway (except for something like C/D or R & T) and, in fact, I worked with a board member in an effort to get his car featured (no, I can't offer this service to anyone else....sorry).

I recognize, from the magazine's perspective, the appeal associated with featuring a car that makes big power, but I'm not about that. The car is a LOT more than about the power it makes and the dyno number I posted in Vegas has been a mixed blessing to say the least. The magazine exposure has been really great and highly fulfilling, but it's time for some other very deserving cars and owners to featured and I'll try to make that happen if I can. My car is old hat at this point; plus, there are some very nice road racing Supras that deserve attention, IMO.

Reactions: SupraFan17

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Congrats Ken and always the honorable guy and stepping aside to let others take their time in the lime light :)

I'll be in socal july 22 - aug 2..........i think i still have ur work number and what not, you gonna be around?

·
Registered
703 Posts
KenHenderson said:
quick_dry,

I'm quite surprised by all this. Some pics were taken of my car by a free-lance photographer that works with several Aussie magazines, but Autosalon wasn't the name that was mentioned to me. Plus, the shoot wasn't finished because the photog had HIN responsibilities the weekend we got together. He's been emailing me about getting together for the rest of the shoot and some action shots, but maybe someone decided that the teaser shots he provided were enough....I really don't know at this point. If I find out, I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for the kind words nevertheless. After my Turbo mag article, I really thought I was done, because different mags usually do not want the leftovers from the competition. So, it was surprising to me when I was solicited by AutoWeek and a couple of others. Time is not on my side, however, and it is very likely I'll pass on a couple of other opportunities. I'm really not looking to be in any more magazines anyway (except for something like C/D or R & T) and, in fact, I worked with a board member in an effort to get his car featured (no, I can't offer this service to anyone else....sorry).

I recognize, from the magazine's perspective, the appeal associated with featuring a car that makes big power, but I'm not about that. The car is a LOT more than about the power it makes and the dyno number I posted in Vegas has been a mixed blessing to say the least. The magazine exposure has been really great and highly fulfilling, but it's time for some other very deserving cars and owners to featured and I'll try to make that happen if I can. My car is old hat at this point; plus, there are some very nice road racing Supras that deserve attention, IMO.
Ken, with an awesome supra like yours, I don't think the magazines or the public would mind getting in on the leftovers! Congratulations!

·
Banned
911 Posts
Congrats- Ken! I am sure that ALL the magazines want to shoot your car. But, you choose the one that matters most. Cover of TURBO. ;)

Keith Ta

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Congrats on yet another magazine appearance Ken. You really deserve it.

If you have time, please PM me or email me Steve's info! ;) I'm still waiting! :D

-Olivier

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*update with pics*

UPDATED: got the magazine at a car show, I figured most of you wouldn't ever see Autosalon magazine since its an Aussie publication. So, have taken some scans, low res where you can see the pics but not really read the text, and a 300dpi scan of the lot so you can read it. Excuse the darkness of the photos, they were very dark on the magazine - whether it was just my issue I'm not sure. here ya go, 8 pages

the full size scans are here - please be kind, if you don't want to read the 8 pages, don't kill my bandwidth by downloading it, thanks :)

http://www.quickdry.net/quickdry/downloads/KenHenderson_Autosalon_300dpi.zip

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
quick_dry, check your PMs. Thanks for the update and thanks for scanning the article. I never heard back from the photog as to whether the article had been published, but now I know. I'll be trying to get my hands on a couple to add to my collection. Other than emailing my mod list to the photog, I have no idea what was said in the article so, naturally, I'm interested to see what all they had to say.

Thanks again for taking the time to scan and to update your thread.

Ken.

·
Registered
478 Posts
u da' man ken. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts