Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i thought i fixed it, but it came back. its wierd it comes and goes, some of the studs were stiped so i fixed those, but now its back. maybe a warped exhaust mani? well im not planning on taking that turbo off again anytime soon so i guess im gonna have to live with this leak for awhile, are there any consequences?

·
Registered
144 Posts
If its bad enough and depending on location, it could burn through whatever is nearby, the fumes could come inside the car possiblly making you feel sick and worst yet......more turbo lag than normal!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mabye its not an exhaust leak. i tried finding where the smoke was comming from, cuase it was weird how it only happend after the engine got really hot. after the car was off for a few minutes i took a look at the exhuast mani and around the area that the smoke was comming form the exhaust mani was wet, so maybe its just burning off oil. its below the cps so hopefully my cps just has a bad seal.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
before I bought my car there was an exhaust mani. leak, the firewall is a bit black on the pass. side, I cleaned most of it off, but that shit don't like to come off! Oh yea, and if it's warped just take it to a machine shop, have them mill it down

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
na im not topping up my coolant, i do have to burp it though theres lots of air in the system i just got done with a hg change. what would that have to do with it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts