Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
El Es Juan powered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a second gen Supra i'd just like to ask some questions if you guys could answer them. For the different years there were different engines can i get some engine codes and specs or if you have a site it'd be good. What are the common problems seen in these cars? Where i live the most expensive one is 2000 bucks they go in the 1000+ and a few for 1000 less i see that they say all perfect condition runs great stuff like that i hear they take alot of shit can they? I was wondering if they had a decent amount of performance mods for an all motor build i'm not looking to be adding alot but maybe 30 or 40 rwhp probably just i/h/e/c/p unless it reacts good with mods. Are Limited Slips available most likely a clutch type i would like to buy. How would you rate the handling on a scale of 1-10 compared to its rival cars (i don't know if it has rival cars maybe a ae86?) Well thanks mebbe you'll be seeing a new mk2 owner

-Andrew

"Crown of a Flower" Last of the lightweight rwd

·
El Es Juan powered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and on some of the ads i see the guys say V6 its a V6 i thought it was a Inline but hey i don't know about it.

I

·
0 Posts
Hey if your looking for a MKII i have one for sale. Its in great shape and ive got pics so if ya wanna make an offer let me know

Greg

·
El Es Juan powered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Southern California, City Riverside, but i might be purchasing a 87' turbo rx-7 with a jdm motor so i'll see if i can work this out. If not i'll see about the mkll's

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
I'll rate the handling 7 out of 10 right now for MY car which has 20 year old everything, I know all my shocks are going bad so there is a little bit too much lean now, but generally speaking the car handles awesome, would handle better if I had aftermarket suspension even. Just got to watch out for LSD in the rain, the ass end likes to kick out on ya!
;)

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
Hmm..

well after a couple years the suspension is still good and my handle good like about 8 out of 10 but it allso depend on the year and mileage.... the engine is call an 5mge.... 160 hp...162 lbs of torque...but now all celica supra has that much hp...automatic has 10 hp less than manuel...

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
1982-83 Supras; 145hp
1984 automatic p-types 150hp
L-types and automatics retain 145hp
1984 p-type 5 speeds-1986= 161hp and 169ft/lbs.

This should be correct, may be a little off on the L-types tho

*btw* the automatics had the same amount of HP except in 1984
1985/86 automatics =161hp as well
1982/84 autos=145hp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts