Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to possibly move down South maybe by fall? A few things have to fall into place up here first but it is something I was interested in. Especially since I saw that I can get a nice 2800 sq ft house for a little more than I paid for my little townhouse up here :D


I have already looked at Kyle's neighborhood..............what are some other zip codes of some nice areas in DFW area?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
Josh M said:
Hoping to possibly move down South maybe by fall? A few things have to fall into place up here first but it is something I was interested in. Especially since I saw that I can get a nice 2800 sq ft house for a little more than I paid for my little townhouse up here :D


I have already looked at Kyle's neighborhood..............what are some other zip codes of some nice areas in DFW area?
Yeah, you can't beat the cost of living in Dallas at all. Here are some really high booming nice suburbs of Dallas you might want to check out as well.

McKinney
Plano
Frisco
Rockwall
Rowlett
Sachse
Coppell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
Also, if you are looking at a particular house in Dallas county then here is a link to the Dallas County Appraisal District. You can see what the last appraisal was from the city on any house in the county.

www.dcad.org
 

·
GO FASTER, GO FASTER
Joined
·
178 Posts
University park/ Mockingbird. (also called highland park) beautiful homes and an awesome neighborhood
 

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
Joined
·
6,571 Posts
Josh M said:
Hoping to possibly move down South maybe by fall? A few things have to fall into place up here first but it is something I was interested in. Especially since I saw that I can get a nice 2800 sq ft house for a little more than I paid for my little townhouse up here :D


I have already looked at Kyle's neighborhood..............what are some other zip codes of some nice areas in DFW area?

what u dont pay for the home u make up in property tax.


meh..sorta. but the property tax here is high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,231 Posts
donkeypunch said:
Yeah, you can't beat the cost of living in Dallas at all. Here are some really high booming nice suburbs of Dallas you might want to check out as well.

McKinney
Plano
Frisco
Rockwall
Rowlett
Sachse
Coppell

Couple of few areas I've lived in and liked...

Grapevine
Lewisville
The Colony (live there now)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Johnny Dangerously said:
what u dont pay for the home u make up in property tax.


meh..sorta. but the property tax here is high.

Wisconsin is the 2nd highest taxed state behind Washington supposedly...............all the liberal commies have pushed our taxes insanely high, however we do have great public services and nice roads :D
 

·
Arlington's Highway King
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Josh man get your ass down to texas.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
301 Posts
another nice place to live is rockwall, some parts of mesquite, and garland works as well (the club hill/country club areas)
 

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
Joined
·
980 Posts
The Colony/Lewisville area. In particular, Castle Hills is shaping up quite nicely. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want an area that is the least humid for TX and has virtually no bugs...................probably asking for too much for the no bugs thing :( However I hear of every area of TX, Dallas is the least humid as it is far enough North?

Thanks for the input you guys, if you guys could throw up zip codes for these places too so they are easier to search for
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
Josh M said:
I want an area that is the least humid for TX and has virtually no bugs...................probably asking for too much for the no bugs thing :( However I hear of every area of TX, Dallas is the least humid as it is far enough North?

Thanks for the input you guys, if you guys could throw up zip codes for these places too so they are easier to search for
grapevine/southlake is nice too, I used to live out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
brian_k03 said:
probably wanna stay away from the lakes then.
its more humid and bigger bugs around the houses near the lakes.
aka rockwall.

Sunnyvale ftw.
75182

grapevine/southlake is nice too, I used to live out there.

Are you in Sunnyvale?
 

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
Joined
·
1,719 Posts
If you wanna be a baller Josh dont consider anywhere else but Houston!
 

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
Joined
·
6,571 Posts
texasmr2 said:
If you wanna be a baller Josh dont consider anywhere else but Houston!
Austin is the baller city. Houston is the Detroit of Texas. :faint:
 

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
Joined
·
1,719 Posts
Johnny Dangerously said:
Austin is the baller city. Houston is the Detroit of Texas. :faint:
Um ok :scratch: ! Oh had to edit to say it does not matter really where in Texas as long as it's in Texas :bigthumb: !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,248 Posts
Another few good ones, especially if you have kids,

Wylie & Murphy (75098)

Great schools, good roads, nice cops, dyno 3 miles away, Nicest and newest mall & shopping in the metroplex.

Easy access to major highways

low but rising home costs, lots of diffrent neiborhoods in many price ranges (130k to 800k)

We love it out here.
 

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
Joined
·
6,571 Posts
texasmr2 said:
Um ok :scratch: ! Oh had to edit to say it does not matter really where in Texas as long as it's in Texas :bigthumb: !

u know i love you, bro :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I lived in Houston 1 of 2 things would happen

1. I would die of the humidity

2. I would waste all my money at Treasures...............


heck even 1 more!

3. I waste all my money at treasures and am forced to live in a box along the main drag and die of humidity to add insult to injury!
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top