Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 NA Automatic, today as I was about to head to work, I started my car and it just started this long, continuous, high pitched beeping sound. I was already already late so I had no choice but to drive with it and it would stop at random times, seemingly when I picked up speed, and start again when I came to a stop. Although sometimes it would just start and stop at completely random times. It's coming from somewhere within the dash but I wasn't able to pinpoint exactly where. It is extremely frustrating and annoying and I would appreciate any help at all.

·
From the land down under
4,620 Posts
Were any lights illuminated on the dash? Perhaps your "open door" chime speaker is malfunctioning?

Do you have an aftermarket alarm?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were any lights illuminated on the dash? Perhaps your "open door" chime speaker is malfunctioning?

Do you have an aftermarket alarm?
No lights illuminated on the dash, I do have a feeling it might be an open door speaker malfunction though. I bought the car from a private seller who, from what I'm aware, kept it bone stock. I'll have to get in touch with him and ask.

I checked on it during my break and there was no longer any beeping. Not sure if it's gone for good or not, I'll have to take a closer look once I get off of work.

·
Registered
Rejoined
135 Posts
No lights illuminated on the dash, I do have a feeling it might be an open door speaker malfunction though. I bought the car from a private seller who, from what I'm aware, kept it bone stock. I'll have to get in touch with him and ask.

I checked on it during my break and there was no longer any beeping. Not sure if it's gone for good or not, I'll have to take a closer look once I get off of work.
Any repeat trouble when driving so far?

·
From the land down under
4,620 Posts
Maybe it has an aftermarket PDS system for parking?

Are there any visible sensors at the rear of the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe it has an aftermarket PDS system for parking?

Are there any visible sensors at the rear of the car?
Yeah, the reverse sensor. Another strange thing to note is that it typically only happens when I'm at a stop, and then stops once I pick up speed. Makes red lights real annoying lol.

·
Registered
Rejoined
135 Posts
Yeah, the reverse sensor. Another strange thing to note is that it typically only happens when I'm at a stop, and then stops once I pick up speed. Makes red lights real annoying lol.
Will you be able to live without this sensor/parking system (i.e., disconnect it). That does sound real annoying!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will you be able to live without this sensor/parking system (i.e., disconnect it). That does sound real annoying!
Probably gonna end up pulling the sensor, I'm bringing the car to the shop tomorrow for maintenance I'm gonna see if they can just pull it.

·
Registered
Rejoined
135 Posts
Probably gonna end up pulling the sensor, I'm bringing the car to the shop tomorrow for maintenance I'm gonna see if they can just pull it.
That "sounds" good. I'd rather hear the exhaust!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts