Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

AEM forums are very quiet, and I haven't been able to resolve this with my tuner.

Car: 93 JDM single turbo AUTO

Car was tuned on 02v02 firmware which does not properly control the auto. I need to convert my tune to 01v24 firmware. AEM tools do not do this, AEM customer support didn't have a workaround either.

After copying over all fuel, ignition, idle, accel trim, etc. tables the car starts up and idles but has a horrible lean tip in throttle. It will completely lean out with any throttle faster than a slow creep in. This sounds like an Accel Fuel issue and I am aware of difference between the dynamic range of the Accel Fuel trim between 01v24 and 02v02. Still, I cannot get it to keep running when stabbing the throttle, or even moderately pressing the throttle. It goes lean and breaks up between 1-2K RPM. My tuner is stumped at the moment and I'm looking to see if anyone has help to offer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should mention for troubleshooting - I can load the 02v02 tune and firmware and the car goes back to running fine - it's a tune issue. reload 01v24 firmware and tune and the car goes lean on throttle tip-in.

Accel tables have been tweaked a ton and it doesn't stall now, but still stumbles like crazy and revs won't climb when holding the throttle down. I can "creep" through it very slowly without it going lean making think it's an accel trim issue.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking into if I actually need to convert to 01v24....

see: https://www.supraforums.com/threads/aem-v-2-auto.725089/page-3#post-13899566

I also inverted PW3 and MANU mode works properly in first gear at least. Second and third would not engage in Manu (just stays in first), but I realized 02v02 has no voltage max and min values for gear position which could explain this. I've entered the voltage ranges from 01v24 and will test to see. if I can get more than 1st in MANU.

Line pressure control and shift speed solenoid appear to work as decreasing duty cycle increases shift firmness.

The last thing I'm tuning is WOT shift points. I have 1-2 shifting right on red-line, and the way it is commanded makes sense. At WOT, once the shift trigger RPM is achieved, there is an x ms delay (tunable) until the shift is commanded by AEM. There is also likely a mechanical delay in the transmission that will be setup specific. Likely my 2>3 shift trigger is too low, as the trans shifts ~5K RPM.

The 1>2 shift seems to need a much lower trigger RPM value (e.g. 4700RPM) where 2>3 can use a much higher value (close to 6K RPM). As if AEM or the trans is faster to process a 2>3 shift command.

I'll update more as I play with things, but wanted to post as I have spent a ton of time digging up old threads to no avail. It also doesn't help that old linked AEM threads cannot be found since they updated their website.

Would be great if anybody running an auto on 02v02 could share a calibration file.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got manual mode working perfectly.

Next detail to sort:
3rd gear stays Locke don deceleration like I want it do, at lower VSS it unlocks in 2nd gear. Drops to an idle and engine speed is uncoupled from wheel speed. I want it to engine remain locked.

Looking at the line pressure tab > convert unlock table - this will determine when the converter is locked/unlocked on decel. why are values set to "2" instead of "1" for lock status? I thought these values should be "0" unlocked or "1" locked. The base cal from AEM uses 0 or 2.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't attach the calibration on the forum, but I have it all sorted.

Essentially the A340 doens't lock up on deceleration except in 3rd gear when in "D".

This can all be seen in the TSRM auto trans section for the shift and lockup schedules.

To achieve my desired drivability, have the deceleration shift schedule hold 3rd to as low a VSS as possible, then 2nd and 1st for extremely low VSS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't attach the calibration on the forum, but I have it all sorted.

Essentially the A340 doens't lock up on deceleration except in 3rd gear when in "D".

This can all be seen in the TSRM auto trans section for the shift and lockup schedules.

To achieve my desired drivability, have the deceleration shift schedule hold 3rd to as low a VSS as possible, then 2nd and 1st for extremely low VSS.
Hi GMonster,

Do you mind sharing how you fixed the issue of being stuck in 1st gear in manual mode please?

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi GMonster,

Do you mind sharing how you fixed the issue of being stuck in 1st gear in manual mode please?

Thanks!
That’s covered in post #3, the voltage min and max values were not set in the base cal for the different gear lever positions. You can set these by copying the values from the 01v24 base cal, or by looking at what the voltage output is for the gear position sensor in each gear position in AEMtuner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s covered in post #3, the voltage min and max values were not set in the base cal for the different gear lever positions. You can set these by copying the values from the 01v24 base cal, or by looking at what the voltage output is for the gear position sensor in each gear position in AEMtuner.

Awesome thanks! just noticed all of mine are set at 0. I will look into it and try to figure it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts