Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone in here knows if the 89+ light/turn signal/wiper control arms/switch work or fit in the pre 89 . i have a 87 and is wanting to put my 89 stuff on the 87 but i notice that the wiring for the steering wheel is different. does anyone know how to splice what to what? and or know how to make a 89+ light/turn signal/wiper control arms/switch work on the pre 89's. I would really appreciate if someone can help

thanks

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
It's the easiest if you put the 89 controls on along with the steering wheel. Everthing will bolt up and plug in.

I have a thread in the FAQ section about how to wire up the steering wheel cruise main switch, but it also covers other stuff.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
whats the difference?

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the differences is the switch. the pre 89 tends to break alot ( wont click no more, just roll ) and when you sometimes try to signal left or right it might turn on/off your headlights. its just one of those little toyota mistakes. what is the title that you post it under? cant seem to find it. thanks for the help.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
jong said:
whats the difference?
I got them because my wiper stalk was bent in my car, so I thought I'd get the newer style (which looks different). The 89+ style is the newer standard Toyota style, they are still using it today, it's the style the MKIV's used, and the newer Corollas and Celicas, etc.

You can see my pics in the thread just linked to in the post before this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts